“Not as good as diners usually are”
Review of Legendz Diner

Legendz Diner
Ranked #38 of 62 Restaurants in Golden
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We ate dinner here and were disappointed. The menu wasn't as extensive as we expected, the service was so-so, the food moderately good, and the prices were high.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We liked the look of this place when we stopped for lunch in Golden. On the inside, it is decorated to mimic an old time Diner with pink walls and posters of stars like Elvis and Marilyn Monroe on the walls. Service was prompt and our server was pleasant and friendly. I ordered a Caesar salad which was just lettuce with a few croutons and salad dressing. My husband said his cheeseburger was very tasty, he would recommend it.
It's a fun kitschy place for a short stop, not sure I would return.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We stopped for lunch on our way through town. Food was only so so, and the restaurant was not clean. Bathrooms not clean. Wi fi did not work.
We were disappointed

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped through on a whim, it looked fun from the outside.
My daughter and i went in to sit, and we waited and waited and waited. The three waitresses blantantly ignored us. It wasn't even busy. Maybe 6 customers. Couldnt even be bothered to say hello.
The one was more interested in wiping counters and they checked on the booths on both sides of us repetitively so they obviously know what they should be doing. Totally ridiculous.
We had even grabbed our own menus infront of them and they just looked the other way.
I will never stop here again and I will strongly discourage any others who are thinking of stopping through.
Just horrific.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Located right on the Trans-Canada highway on the western side of Golden, I don't really recommend stopping here.

The atmosphere is that of a caricature of a classic diner, according to my husband who is of the vintage to have been to actual classic diners before they were supplanted by modern fast food. I personally also felt it was more a reflection of the time than a reproduction of the time.

The beef dip was adequate. 3/5. They toasted the bread, but only a little so it didn't detract from it. The beef was shaved to the right thickness. Served with the right amount of au jus.

The fish and chips special was just okay. 2.5/5. Very greasy, but filling battered (not beer-battered) fish. Served with tartar sauce that seemed more like mayo with relish than anything that really goes with fish. Started with bland Sysco or whatever cream of turkey soup. Side was those crinkle-cut from frozen fries.

Crinkle cut fries are a total diner no-no. They did not exist at that time period. They were in that time period made from fresh potatoes that were peeled and sat in a bucket of water, until they were cut and again sat in a bucket of water.

The booths are a bit small, so choose a table if you've got the middle-aged spread going on.

The restaurant did have flavoured sodas and milkshakes and other fare you'd expect at a "diner." They also serve breakfast from 07:00-17:00.

The washrooms were clean and comfortable, with a change table available in the women's that I saw, and one may or may not also be present in the men's.

I wanted to like this place, but I just didn't.