“advertised 49 cent wings, charged triple (15$/pound)”

Original Joe's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #20 of 73 Restaurants in Fort St. John
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Description: Be Social, Safely. Original Joe's has always been committed to the health and safety of our guests and teammates. In 2021, now more than ever, we have amplified our safety procedures so that we can continue to keep everyone safe, at all of our locations.
Reviewed 2 June 2021

They advertised "Tuesday wings 49cents open now" so me and my buddy saw the sign and stopped in for lunch around 1pm.
we ordered the wings which were below average to begin with but when we were done they handed us a 70$ and said wings didnt start till 2pm.
the waitresses failed to mention at any point that wing night didnt start till 2pm. nowhere does any of the signs say 2pm.
we were expecting 40wing / 4 pounds = 20$ and 3.50 ice teax2 = 27$
not 15$ a pound for a 70$ bill.
the wings also weren't very good, they were decent. but sure the heck not work 15$ a pound.

TLDR false advertising for wings and charged triple the price for below average wings which the waitress failed to mention the price difference or when the real deal started for 2pm ( we went at 1pm)

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank W7262DTstevenc
Write a reviewReviews (71)

Reviewed 19 November 2020 via mobile

Went to original joes today and got excellent service from Tyanna, I’m extremely happy with how it went! The food was amazing and fast, and the service was 10/10! If you go to original joes I highly recommend sitting in Tyannas section! Thanks for the great experience (:

Date of visit: November 2020
RecipeUnlimited, Manager at Original Joe's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 April 2020

Worked there for 8 months, got fired in a fit of rage on the spot. Waited almost 2 months for my last paycheque and I had to hound them like a collection agent. I can tell you the owner of this particular OJ's treats his staff very poorly. We all did our best while working there but working for this guy was hell. I hold the staff in high regard, they are all good but lacking leadership and proper management. So sorry for all of your negative experiences at this resturant and the embarassing reviews I've read about my ex-employer. I'd recommend trying Montana's next door instead of this dumpster fire of an OJ's

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 20 March 2019 via mobile

We did a booking 45 minutes prior to our arrival for a group of 15. They had our table ready, service was great, food was served quickly. Everyone seemed happy with their lunch.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 7 March 2019 via mobile

Had a business lunch and was very disappointed; the hamburger was barely lukewarm and fries terrible! The waitress kindly brought me fresh order of fries and discounted my meal 20%. I felt bad for her and ordered dessert which brought the bill to $20; tipped her $3, but I’m not going back.

Date of visit: February 2019