“Schnitzel Heaven”

Frank's Steak & Schnitzel Haus
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2017

This restaurant has every kind of schnitzel you could ever imagine. My friend had a schnitzel covered with crab and shrimp a sauce I can't remember, but she loved it. I got the basic it was great. Huge portions. Someone else got the goulash, loved it too. Great wine, beer, and cocktail list.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

I've had Schnitzel from Cafe Landtmann Wien to Gasthaus on the Lake in Peachland, and if I could rate zero stars for my experience at Frank's, I would. We arrived at 745pm on a Friday, two adults and three children. There were 3 other tables in the family dinning area. We ordered about 800pm, and the food arrived about 920pm. I had the Wienner Schnitzel and spaetzel at $27 that also came with "season" vegetables. My food was all cold. The vegetables were frozen bagged boiled broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower. The spaetzel was an odd yellow, dry (and stone cold). The schnitzel was over salted. I couldn't eat it, and left hungry. My wife tried the buffet at $40. Many of the promised items were out, and those that remained were ... cold and stale. The chicken schnitzel was rubbery. The potatoes were inedible. The only salad available was bean salad. The prime rib was okay, the four slices that were there. My son's fish and chips arrived hot, and he enjoyed it. This was the most expensive ($200 for the family), worst meal we've ever had, over two hours. When a plate returns effectively untouched back to the kitchen, the chef should be alarmed.

2  Thank Bernie W
Reviewed 25 May 2017

Good service and good food here, but way too much - share a meal unless you are really hungry.Veggies were a bit watery as they had been frozen.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We were a group of 9. I was there for the schnitzel, spaetzle and potatoes, and they were excellent. Two other people also had just the schnitzel, and the rest of the people had the buffet.
The schnitzel was more expensive than I expected, but there is a choice of pork or chicken schnitzel. At first, the price of the buffet seemed high, but it included all of the items in the menu, including schnitzel, steak, chicken, ribs, etc. It also included dessert. Although they ran out of cake, there were other items, and they offered ice cream.
The buffet was way too much food for me, but it was a real value for the money.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I came to Franks for a late dinner. It was after 8 pm but we were greeted like we were the first supper guests! So friendly and helpful. Our server 'Cali' was very friendly and efficient. Now for the food! We ordered the appetizer platter that serves 2. It could have been enough for 4! And delicious! We then decided to share the chicken schnitzel and again, not disappointed. Huge portions and absolutely amazing! We will definitely return when back in Cranbrook. Actually, we would make a special trip just to come to Franks!! Thanks so much Cali, and the staff for such a delightful evening.