“No pressure”
Review of Tentatsu

Tentatsu
Ranked #164 of 689 Restaurants in Burnaby
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Nowadays going to restaurants can really break your bank, but Tentatsu offers good value for their food, proportion decent, service not bad, I see lots of families visiting. Easy to find, just next to the always busy Anton's Italian which has been there for decades. Not a fancy type Japanese restaurant, but not bad

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We've dined here before; had a bad experience and wanted to give them one final chance with take out. We ordered party tray H. The food was ready on time, but I really didn't enjoy any of it. I found the sushi to be rather poor and tasteless and they do put a lot of rice in each nigiri Sorry, I may have really high standards, but there are so many sushi restaurants around. There really is no reason to eat here unless you just want to fill up on sushi rice that doesn't even taste good.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Ordered something online today and forgot to enter the code for 10% off for using skip the dishes. Was not able to get the 10% off in store. If I called in with the same order i would have been able to get the discount. They said there was nothing they can do about it since I ordered through a third party, even if I wanted to cancel the order, I would have to go back on line to cancel it. I'm guessing if I decide to change the order they can't even do anything about it??! Kind of dumb...

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

I am not complaining about the food...it was generally at the same level compared to most great sushi places in Vancouver.
Sorry to say but the service was quite bad...here is why:

1. Our waiter who took our order appeared not to be paying attention or at least his attitude portrayed that...I specifically asked what the difference was between the vegetable yakisoba and the vegetable udon and then I ordered the vegetable udon...but I got the vegetable yakisoba

2. My friend had asked to get a new plate because the piece of sushi(BC roll) she was eating looked like it had a little piece of hair in it(it may have been a hair or salmon bone?)...regardless, my friend told the waitress that she thought it might be a hair and the waitress didn't say anything and just got her a new plate

3. Nobody(no waiter and no waitress) ever came up to us while we were eating to ask how our meal was

4. I asked two different waitresses for water...never got my water...I finally asked the second waitress again after she brought the bill and then I got my water

5. No "thank you for coming" after we paid the bill...no words at all actually

I realize that this might be an off day for service and you can't be perfect all the time...or maybe the staff were just tired because they are overworked...it would still be nice to have some servers that were more engaging or that have some emotion to them(not so robotic).

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 12 March 2017

This Japanese restaurant could be easily summed up by saying that food was excellent, the service was friendly and very reasonably priced!
I was introduced by a friend, who recommend I try this particular restaurant in Burnaby. I have no regrets and I was not disappointed! I chose 2 items from one menu and another 2 dishes from a 2nd list which only cost me as little as $7.95.
It is a popular restaurant with tables filling up quickly by locals residents and office workers placing their orders at lunch. I was so pleased with my new discovery; I told relations living in Coquitlam that evening! To my amazement, they told me that this was also their favorite Japanese restaurant as well! What was the chances of this?
The following evening, my relatives and I returned for dinner. I was warned that the orders were massive! It was true; I ordered # 359 Tempura Katsu Don for $8.95.
It came in a large bowl and when I could eat no more, I took a healthy portion back to my hotel to enjoy the next morning!

Date of visit: March 2017