“Awesome service and sushi”
Review of GAYA Sushi

GAYA Sushi
Ranked #66 of 690 Restaurants in Burnaby
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Never disappointing as the service is always efficient and food quality always fresh and great. Danny is the best always!! Great sushi, great service!!!

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

I regularly visit this restaurant. I either eat in or take out. Most of the time it is excellent but in the last year I have found that the quality lacks on some days. I'm not sure if it's a different sushi chef or what. The quality is more important than quantity. I threw out the sunomono. It was tasteless. The beef teriyaki was ok. Salmon Negri wasn't that tasty either. Hope they aren't cutting corners on quality to save a nickel. Up the price a bit.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Overall this place is slightly better than average in terms of food quality/taste & service for the price. Not the most overly friendly staff but prompt service and attentive to special needs, particularly food allergies. They serve wild salmon which is good although like many places, they charge extra for it. They're just down the street from our home so we eat there every few months when feeling the craving although they're not in our top 5 sushi list. Their sushi rice used to be hit & miss but has now been consistent for the past year which may reflect some change in food prep staff or training. Overall, I'd still recommend this place. A little crowded at lunchtime as it's pretty small so make a reservation or go early.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Was recommended to try this place by Jeff ( The Liquidator ).

My daughter and I loved our food very much and wished we lived closer so we could come more often.

Very affordable too !

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Gaya is very clean and the sushi is very good. We have been there a number of times and never any problems

Date of visit: July 2016