“What a Nice Place!”

Western Budget Motel Leduc #1
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
Reviewed 19 January 2008

My flight out of Edmonton had been cancelled due to bad weather in the north and since the airline would not do anything, I was on my own to find a hotel overnight. Completely stressed I called three hotels who wanted over $120 for the night. I decided to call the Western Budget, having driven by it many times but had never stopped to investigate.

I called and they immediately sent their free shuttle to the airport. The room was very reasonable and was HUGE. King sized bed, full sized fridge, table, chairs, desk, two living room type chairs and even a fireplace.....yes a gas fireplace. I curled up in one of the large chairs, feet up by the fire and sipped a tea. (in room tea and coffee provided too!) In the morning, a basic breakfast was available and a free shuttle back to the airport.

I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank abroseabrose

Reviewed 7 January 2008

I would not usually write a review on a hotel but I am feeling compelled to warn people about the horrible service at the Leduc Western Budget (#1). My husband & I stayed there before leaving on our christmas vacation. The front desk lady was rude & not accomadating at all. The room stunk & I have NEVER slept in a more uncomfortable bed in MY LIFE. The worst was the night desk guy & that put me & my husband over the top. It was ALL BAD. We ended up leaving that same night & staying at the travelodge (without getting our money back at the western budget) I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THE WESTERN BUDGET - LEDUC to ANYONE!!!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lola4512
western1LeducAlberta, Managers at Western Budget Motel Leduc #1, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2008

I am coimpelled to responed to our custmerscomments
My wife and I took over this western budget location Dec 1st,07
We were never aware of complaints about a smelly room and would have offered a new room or a room in one of our other 2 great buildings.
We try our hardest to please eveyone ,even those whom seem never to be happy..
We have many happy customers of all ages
whom ,enjoy our, breakfast,,pool jacuzzis and location to the airport.
Were sorry you had a bad stay .
We are very friendly people and love our customers.My wife hhas a heart of gold and is never rude to anyone..we would love you al come see for yourself What most of our customers Call ""there home away from home" Dede & Tim Ramey Managers

\

Reviewed 28 November 2007

We stayed here 4 nights with many problems. First make sure you know the address to the hotel you are staying at as there are three Western Budgets all within a block. We stayed at #1.
The staff are very nice and the rooms well sized...that's about all that was good.
To start while walking up (no elevator) to our second floor room we could smell pot. We informed front desk and they said they couldn't find the room that it was from...The beds were the most uncomfortable that I have ever slept on and the pillows were barely there and rock hard. We had a room with a kitchenette. No microwave and our fridge had issues and every 1.5 hours would make a really loud noise even at night. Would have unplugged it but baby formula was in there.
The room across from ours was being renovated so my 6 month old son was awaken every morning at 7:30. The pool was also under renovation :(
Breakfast left a lot to be desired...plus you can't take the food out of the breakfast room and they have no highchairs... so basically if you have little ones it's eat while holding them.
Also don't plan on hanging the do not disturb sign on the door and expect them to read it. One afternoon had my son down for a nap and knock knock knock...housekeeping and if you ignore them they just come right in...so much for him sleeping.
And the worst, most annoying issue... everyday we had to get the card key reactivated. So we'd go down for breakfast have to get the card redone. Go out shopping had to have the card redone. They seem to rest the system for the cards everyday for every room at about 11 am. So very very annoying.
Do not plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2007

Typical low end room. Was told 59/nt when I booked but charged 79 when I checked in. manager totally uncooperative and told me I could stay elsewhere, and I shall next time

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank tgrdecker
Reviewed 24 October 2007

I've stayed at this and several other of the Western Budgets (in Red Deer) several the hotel is casual and pleasant. The rooms are large w/ nice fake flame fireplaces (and just ignore the fake flowers and the like included as decor). Usually the hotel is very clean. Every so often in each of these hotels I've had an "off" stay--room not very clean, halls dirty, etc. The prices of the rooms vary significantly, so book in advance if you want the less expensive rooms.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo