“One of the best roasted pork I’ve ever had.”

Lechonera Los Pinos
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Cayey
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 2 April 2018

If you are near, I strongly recommend to visit it. Great service and the food is unbelievable good.
A lot of options, do not miss the platano maduro frito, they are excellent.
But most important the people working there are great and they treat you as family.
Looking forward to come back next year again.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Food was delicious and selection fantastic! Authentic Puerto Rican food! There was a band playing couples dancing. It was a fun restaurant.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

This was the best roasted pork I’ve ever had. We waited in line for about 30 minutes but oh my...crunchy pork skin and very flavorful meat along with very nice side. Don’t forget to get some morcilla (blood sausage)

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

After about an hour long scenic drive from Ponce, we finally arrived this small town of Guavate known for lechoneras after lechoneras. We're heading to Lechonera Los Pinos as featured by Anthony Bourdain. We were tempted to go the other ones because of shorter line but we stuck to our gut feeling. So make sure you're not dying of hunger on your way there- long line is expected at Los Pinos. What do you order? You can buy meat by the pound. For me and my husband 1 lb (1/2 meat , 1/2 ribs) was just right- then order sides - come in different sizes. I loved the liver stew (gandinga). My husband enjoyed the blood sausage (morcilla). As far as the lechon- it didn't disappoint us. We grew up in the Philippines where roasted pig is a common delicacy. I have to say that this lechon is definitely juicier, more tender and savory. We usually pair our lechon with sauce or vinegar. This one can be eaten as it is - had enough flavor on its own. The sides are okay- usual rice, beans, yucca etc.
5 stars for flavor
5 stars for location and ample parking spots, it is located in the mountain region so drive to this place is very scenic.
There are many souvenir shops nearby.
I have to take 1 star because of staff who seem very tired, not too helpful;
and for the overflowing trash.
This seems to be a usual thing anywhere- even in the US when a restaurant is very busy.
Is it worth the drive and wait- DEFINITELY!

2  Thank PalanggaTexas
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

OK ..so ...a small area in cidra or cayey Puerto Rico is called Guavate and they are famous for there Lechoneras ...the atmosphere is cool there are a ton in that area and get slot of tourist buzz.also there are slot of vendors out selling fruits and souvenirs.the food is great at a few not so great at others pick and choose which one you want to try you can always go back ! It's am awesome time and a must experience I'm Puerto Rico .!