All reviews bagel bakery room was clean stay there again antiques clerk bike quebec host
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We spent a night at this motel in Magog and enjoyed everything about it.
The owner went out of his way in order that we get a quiet room and it was great.
The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable.
We enjoyed a good breakfast (extra expense) but worth it.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

we needed a place to stay in magog at the last minute and fortunately, there was a room available. The parking lot was an ice rink and we had to back up the car right to the door to get ourselves and our bags in. once in, we were comfy enough and confident that the place was clean. (good thing, because after we signed in, the office lights went out and the clerk took off). In the morning, we got the car backed up to the door again, put ourselves and our stuff in without killing ourselves on the ice. We drove out of town and discovered a wonderful bagel bakery right down the road. Thanks, Magog for a room at the inn!

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Read the reviews and thought that this would be a comfortable place to stay for a few days while we explored the area. Unfortunately, we found an older, run down motel that desperately needs updating. There's a fine line between quaint and Goodwill and this place has crossed it. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the linens and towels were clean, the room was a little cramped, but adequate. There is no view of the lake from the hotel and it is not very accessible. The motel is a short walk from town that provides great views of the lake. The price reflects that you get what you pay for.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
thierry p, Propriétaire at Motel Fleur de Lys, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

You have plenty of things to say that our motel is "run down".
It is certainly not very young, I grant it but it is maintained, I can give you the bills to pay if you wish.
In short, we hope that travelers will make the difference and will not take your unhealthy criticism into account.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We got to Magog late, needing to find a room. We found this motel at the edge of town. Kind of a shoddy, aging place, but it was clean and comfortable. Good thing because the minute after we checked in, the office lights went out and the clerk was gone, Anyway, we did have to back our car right up to the room to move in, as the entire parking lot was a veritable skating rink. But thanks, Magog, for having a room for us at that late hour. In the morning we headed out of town and discovered a great bagel bakery on the outskirts of town.

Room tip: Not an "uptown" experience, but clean and comfortable enough for one night.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TwoVermonters2013
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Stayed for two nights here during our annual Feb long weekend ski trip to Quebec. Location was convenient being minutes to the highway as well as to Magog town center by car. Room was clean and relatively updated plus single beds I had were comfortable enough. Heating was sufficient (this was winter stay) and easy parking right outside my room. Breakfast was fine but there was an extra charge ranging from $6 to $10 depending on what you wanted. I would have liked breakfast to be available earlier than the stated 8 am - we got an 7:30 am start which was a compromise as I would have liked 7 am due to ski days.

My room had an indoor foyer that was shared with another room for a single external door to the outside. I thought this was a strange layout and would have preferred direct individual doors for each room to the outside. The locks were also a bit outdated as they were the residential turn the entire door knob from the inside type which sometimes made it tricky to unlock. I think they should just update all the door hardware. The other thing that was of a minor annoyance was the tiny placemat in my room which was too small in my opinion for wet winter boots coming in from outside. So I had to use extra towels to dry up the floors.

The owner was very friendly with basic passable English skills (I had basic passable French so communications were fine).

Overall, this place was good value and I would consider staying here again if back in Magog.

Room tip: Stay at room facing front of hotel so not convenient to lobby/breakfast room
Date of stay: February 2017