“Dirty, Dingy sketchy hotel”

Travelodge Lloydminster
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Lloydminster
Reviewed 16 November 2015

This hotel used to be one of the nicer places to stay in Lloydminster and now I would not recommend to anyone! The hotel is in desperate need of a facelift in every area, in every way, including the staff members. The lobby seems not too bad upon arrival, just old, but the hallways and rooms, and all other common areas are simply dingy, and dirty...I felt like it was a sketchy hotel where sketchy people would go. The pool area is just simply dirty. Not only does it need renovations bad, it just simply needs to be cleaned better. The fitness area, if you can call it that, was the same. The fitness area and the pool area also doesn't open until 9am which I thought a little late compared to most hotels. One morning I tried to get into the fitness area at around 9:30 and it was still locked. The staff member who was obviously in charge of the area just appeared, and looked like he slept there or something and just woke up. The pool/fitness area was also located in a weird spot. The entire hotel layout was completely weird actually. Having to walk by Tony Romas and Bennigans main entrance to get to certain rooms. The rooms just felt dirty, and even smelled. The sheets smelled funny, and there was only one small thin blanket. The water pressure was absolutely terrible. The only good thing I liked about the room was the old school coffee maker in the room, not a kurig machine.
The continental breakfast was ok. again only open until 9am which I found strange especially for a weekend. Most hotels breakfast is usually until 10am. The selection was average. The bread was stale. The cinnamon buns got wrapped up and the same ones were out the next day (I saw her wrap them and you could tell they were old the next day) there wasn't real cutlery or dishes (which is really minor). The girl working the breakfast seemed nice enough and attentive though.
The front desk staff were not friendly at all. Sunday morning I even called down to get sugar in the room (the maid didn't make our room up the day before) and i was told i would have to come get it myself because housekeeping didn't start yet. She tried to inform me that it was my fault the room wasn't made up because I had the do not disturb on the handle. I put it there between 9 and 9:30 when we were at the pool, and it was taken off by 11;15am when we left the hotel for the day. Ridiculous.
The bar located in the hotel, benign, is a complete dive. It used to be the place to go and it simple has not been maintained. It also felt dirty, not just in need of rents. The diet pop was completely gross and she informed me she knew, but didn't even come to check on me for 30min after i got my drink. Then she tried to tell me I would have to pay for it because she already punched it in (i didn't have more than 1 sip). She was just stunned. There was only one table of sketchy, young drunk people at the entire place on a Friday night, so I think that speaks for itself.

Room Tip: There probably isn't a good room
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

Thank-you for commenting on your recent stay at our hotel. I do apologize that your expectations were not met! Having read your comments, we will be making some positive changes. We will be implementing new hours in the pool/fitness area to open at 8 am on the weekends. Our continental breakfast room will now be open until 10 am on weekends to satisfy our later risers. I appreciate your comments with regards to updating areas of the hotel. New carpets, lighting, granite counter tops, sinks and taps have been completed. We are in the process of renovating our common areas. I do hope you will give our charming hotel another chance when you are through Lloydminster again. Please feel free to contact me directly to speak about your stay with us. Again, we thank-you so much for your review.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

check in was o.k., but desk failed to point out where room was located and distance to walk for seniors was long. We found the room clean, but noisy with doors slamming and kids running and hollering late into the evening. We went to the Tony Roma's dinning area to eat, and found the food o.k., but the service was terrible and slow. It appeared that the waiters and waitresses, along wuith the bar attendant were very untrained and lacked common experience. We would not recommend this place to stay if you had other choices.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you have a choice
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Good Morning and thank-you for your response. We have a very large property and it does require a bit of a walk to some of the rooms. I apologize on behalf of our staff for booking your room so far from the common areas. We will now incorporate your concerns as a senior into our training manual. Thank-you for that! Tony Roma's is a leased entity but I will let them know of your issues. Thank-you again for your comments!!

Reviewed 16 August 2015 via mobile

It looks old and one might think it a bit run down from the inside but as soon as I walked in I changed my attitude.
They have obviously taken the time for needed upgrades and I found it clean and bright.
Someone had mentioned "it's like a maze" but if you follow the directions given by the friendly staff then you'll be fine. The room was clean and the AC worked well through our strange heat wave.
The am breakfast was standard and what one would expect for a morning hotel buffet.
I did receive a call up to my room from the front desk inquiring if my room was satisfactory and I thought this to be a nice touch and I appreciated the call.
Good price, clean room, free breakfast. I will stay again for sure. !

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Thank-you for your response. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again! Thanx so much!!

Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

Good hotel and well priced. Clean. Helpful staff. Great onsite restaurant. Well located 2 water slides, hot tub and pool. A little dated but great value. Walk out entrance for convenience. Breakfast was decent and free. Close to the mall. Id stay here again.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 May 2015

Arrived about 8:30 pm and inadvertently parked at the back of the hotel. Came through the back door and was shocked at how gringy and dirty the hallway was. Wasn't sure what I'd find. I was assigned a room on the first floor and had to ask for another as it was on the main street and very noisy. Not what I wanted after a long drive! Was assigned a second room on the second floor and after I got dressed for bed I found the TV didn't work.! I packed up, got dressed and went down to the desk again. A young chap at the front desk checked it and said he couldn't fix it. I was assigned yet a third room which looked quite nice however found hair in the bathtub. Not sure the floor had been vacuumed in this room as there were foreign objects on the carpet near the bathroom door, but I kept mum. It was now late and I was too tired and just went to bed!. I left early in the morning. I must say, the lady at the front desk was very patient and accommodating, but the whole experience was frustrating and tiring after a long drive! Unfortunately, I won't stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank 370frustrated
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2015

Hello, and thank-you for your comments. Yes, unfortunately the guest rooms facing hwy 16 tend to be a bit louder than the back rooms. So sorry for the inconvenience of your stay with us. I hope you will reconsider staying at our hotel so that we may make it up to you. Please call me directly next time you are in town so that we may make this right. Thank-you!