“Work in Progress”

Travelodge Lloydminster
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Lloydminster
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Was on the road and needed a room for the night. Stopped at the Travel Lodge as it was right on the highway. Elevator didn't work to get to the second floor, so I had to drag my bags all the way around the hotel on two long trips to get to my room.
Front desk and reception area has been updated. Rooms haven't been. Still looks like the cutting edge of 1980 in the rooms.
If you're a Wyndham member, makes sense to stay to get the points. Other than that, the only reason to recommend staying there is they have an attached beer store and Tony Roma's restaurant.
For crews, it isn't bad if you can get a walk in room on the first floor. They have full time security prowling the parking lot so you don't have to worry about your vehicle.
Get a room higher up or away from the exterior if you don't want to wake up to diesel rig rocket pick up trucks idling away at 5AM.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back or upper levels. Rig trucks idling will ruin your stay otherwise.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank-you for your comments. Unfortunately our elevator did have problems the one evening, the elevator company did not come that evening and only arrived the next day. So sorry for the inconvenience. Some of our hotel guests do work extremely early in the morning and their diesel trucks are loud. Again, thank-you for your comments.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Rooms were a little outdated but still ok, the lounge said it was open till midnight but then they closed it at 11 so I only received last call only at 10:30. No breakfast or at least wasn’t told if there was. Upon check in at 10:00pm when I arrived the lady booked me in then I got a call as i was entering the room that she made a mistake and booked me in a suite , so she expected me to go back and redo my booking or get charge full suite charges it was 10pm already and her mistake not mine, best western has given me suites just do to the fact I use hotels a lot for work.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Our lounge closes at midnight and the girls start last call at 10:45 but you can still order drinks until 11 pm. I will certainly look into this. Breakfast is served daily in the room beside the front desk and a breakfast coupon should have been in your door card envelope? We do have a new girl at the desk and I spoke to her about checking someone into a suite instead of a standard room. I am glad you stayed in that room as that is the room that she gave you, our mistake. We will use this as a learning tool for other new desk attendants. thank-you again!!

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I didn’t care for the lady that was working in the breakfast area I don’t know her name but she has red hair she was very rude to us and to others

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Sorry to hear of this! Our breakfast girl is usually a chatty Kathy and very bubbly. I will bring this up with her. Thank-you.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Front desk staff could not tell me what I paid and what cross shift paid .
Bed was not made for a week clean towels not put in bathroom for 1 week pop machines in hallways don’t work .
Asked front desk to bring some toilet paper to the room as there was none from bad room service and was told to go down to front desk and grab toilet paper myself.
At the end of my stay I still had to figure out my bill because front desk didn’t have a clue about it .

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank-you for your response! When there are 2 guests in a room working different shifts it makes it a bit difficult for the house keeping staff to get into the room when no one is sleeping. Having said that, our staff is directed to leave towels by the door daily and to go in to each room every second day to do the daily housekeeping duties. Toilet paper, kleenex, and soaps are put in the rooms every second day on these types of day/night rooms. I do apologise on the front desk agent as we do have a new girl that we may have not trained properly on how to read balances on room bill sharing. Thank-you for your comments and we will definitely do more training at the desk in this regard!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

This hotel was dated and tired. I had trouble sleeping as it was very close to the highway, the car park just outside the room was fully lit all night and the curtains didn't fit the windows, so it was like sleeping with the light on and Nascar on the television. Really didn't like the 'breakfast' with paper plates and plastic cutlery.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank-you for your response. Our location is along highway 16 going through the city, this makes for guests to find us easy enough, but at the same time the highway is busy and may be loud to light sleepers. The reason we do have paper plates and cutlery is because we do have 165 rooms and it can get crazy busy in the breakfast room. We don't want our guests to have to wait for dishes to be washed before they leave in the morning. We do apologise for your inconvenience.