“Sleepless night”

Travelodge Lloydminster
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Lloydminster
Reviewed 5 December 2017

The room was nice and the front desk person who checked us in was very accommodating. However, the mattress on the bed was terrible. We could not lay in it without both of us rolling to the middle. After being unable to sleep for a few hours, my wife went to the front desk and asked for a cot so that we could get some sleep. No luck. They offered to move us to a different room, but since the mattress we had was supposed to be a new one, we had no confidence another room would be any better and did not want to have to get dressed and pack-up at 2:00 AM. I finally pulled the mattress onto the floor, which improved it a little bit. On check-out the receptionist commented on the fact that there was a problem with the room and then asked us how we wanted to pay for it, with out offering to make any corrections for the poor bed. I had to ask what they were going to do about the lack of sleep we had suffered. They initially offered a 15% reduction and then eventually took off half of the price. I was really unimpressed with the bed and with the way that the situation was handled.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thank-you for your comments. We did respond to your wife on TripAdvisor already as the desk attendant recalled your stay. We are checking that room and mattress. We do apologise for your sleepless night! Thank-you again for your comments.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

They state all rooms have queen beds, ours had one queen and one double...no cots or pull outs, no joining rooms. Rooms were clean but very dated, and half of the hotel was closed

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank-you for the response. All 165 rooms have King or queen beds. We do not have any doubles, other than the pull out double hide- a- beds. Unfortunately we do not have cots for our rooms. All 165 rooms are fully open and operational.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I have stayed there many times, the staff are always friendly, the room is always very clean. I too have a motel (not in Lloyd) and it can be very difficult to clean the rooms when your guests sleep during the day. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone. Sure you may hear the traffic but you never hear screaming kids in the hall, or in the room next door or above your room. Great place, great service!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank-you so much for your response, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Was on the road and needed a room for the night. Stopped at the Travel Lodge as it was right on the highway. Elevator didn't work to get to the second floor, so I had to drag my bags all the way around the hotel on two long trips to get to my room.
Front desk and reception area has been updated. Rooms haven't been. Still looks like the cutting edge of 1980 in the rooms.
If you're a Wyndham member, makes sense to stay to get the points. Other than that, the only reason to recommend staying there is they have an attached beer store and Tony Roma's restaurant.
For crews, it isn't bad if you can get a walk in room on the first floor. They have full time security prowling the parking lot so you don't have to worry about your vehicle.
Get a room higher up or away from the exterior if you don't want to wake up to diesel rig rocket pick up trucks idling away at 5AM.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back or upper levels. Rig trucks idling will ruin your stay otherwise.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank-you for your comments. Unfortunately our elevator did have problems the one evening, the elevator company did not come that evening and only arrived the next day. So sorry for the inconvenience. Some of our hotel guests do work extremely early in the morning and their diesel trucks are loud. Again, thank-you for your comments.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Rooms were a little outdated but still ok, the lounge said it was open till midnight but then they closed it at 11 so I only received last call only at 10:30. No breakfast or at least wasn’t told if there was. Upon check in at 10:00pm when I arrived the lady booked me in then I got a call as i was entering the room that she made a mistake and booked me in a suite , so she expected me to go back and redo my booking or get charge full suite charges it was 10pm already and her mistake not mine, best western has given me suites just do to the fact I use hotels a lot for work.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TropicalInn, General Manager at Travelodge Lloydminster, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Our lounge closes at midnight and the girls start last call at 10:45 but you can still order drinks until 11 pm. I will certainly look into this. Breakfast is served daily in the room beside the front desk and a breakfast coupon should have been in your door card envelope? We do have a new girl at the desk and I spoke to her about checking someone into a suite instead of a standard room. I am glad you stayed in that room as that is the room that she gave you, our mistake. We will use this as a learning tool for other new desk attendants. thank-you again!!