“Best Bratwurst in B.C.”

Old Salzburg Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2015

If you are up in the Kootenay area of B.C. don't forget to try the Old Salzburg Restaurant for dinner. Located in Radium Hot Springs, the atmosphere is a little kitschy but the food is good. The spätzle is not big on flavour but try their outstanding home-made bratwurst and then head for the hot springs for a nice soak....if you can get into your bathing suit.

Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

Went to eat here and it was fairly busy. This is my second time eating here and the first visit a year ago was lacking in service. However this time the service was great and the food was good and the portions are big. The grapefruit beer is delicious as well, especially in the heat. Would recommend!

Reviewed 12 August 2015

I loved the decor of this restaurant, it was almost as if I was in a ski chalet in Europe. The servers were all wearing lederhosen which was a neat touch.

I had the Steak Madagascar with spatzle and it was very good. My husband had the schnitzel with German potato salad. Both dishes were excellent.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

We arrived about 9pm Friday night. We were seated immediately. The Schnitzel“WienerArt” was edible. The Primavera Spatzle was tasteless. The soup tasted like it had come straight from a can. The decor was really old and not kept up. I would not go back.

1  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed 6 August 2015

My husband and I often eat here and it's very good food...the schnitzel is good! I love sitting out on the outside patio in the summer!