All reviews breakfast room first floor patio doors free continental breakfast lots of parking comfortable bed rooms are clean downtown ottawa fridge costco linens
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed there for a swim meet nearby. Although the price was decent you definitely get what you pay for.
The room was dusty. There was a layer of dust between the bed and night stand. We found a moldy prewrapped muffin, goldfish cracker and a Ziploc bag full of water under the bed.
I will say that the bed was comfy and the breakfast included was nice.
I don't think I would stay there again though..

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Comfort Inn G, Manager at Comfort Inn Gatineau, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thank you for your comment. We will make sure this won't happen again.

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Hotel room was as expected. My roommate and I came up from the states to bungee jump about 30 mins from this hotel, the room was nice for what we paid . Everything was clean and the shower was one of our favorite things !! Is all the water this amazing in Canada ?! Our skin was so soft and we both ended up with amazing hair days. This hotel is MOSTLY french speaking where we both speak English. I booked the room and somehow was charged twice I ended getting my money back for the second charge before I stayed but didn't receive a response til about 3 days later after I originally got in contact with them ... I'm guessing due to the langue barrier ? When I arrived I asked if there was anything they'd be willing to do for the inconvenience but I don't think she understood what I was asking. No ice maker on the second floor ? Giving 3 stars for the mix up of the double charge but this hotel room is all in all as described

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Comfort Inn G, Manager at Comfort Inn Gatineau, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you for your comment.
We are sorry about the mix up with the room charge and the waiting.
I hope you enjoy the bungee jumping.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

A party of 42 of us stayed in the Comfort Inn, Gatineau last November. The welcome was warm, the hotel was comfortable and the food was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone hosting a large group or for people passing through the area.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Excellent service, rooms are clean and the patio doors are very helpfull. They serve a good breakfast in the morning. This hotel has a good location near Ottawa, near the shopping center, and lots a restaurant nearby.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This is a motel style accommodation. First floor rooms have patio doors that open to a parking lot and presumably you car should be parked right next to your door. Unfortunately, the parking lot is not managed and anybody can park anywhere there is a spot so if you arrive a bit later expect some car parked right in front of your room.

Standard double bed rooms are very small and crammed. With two beds one can barely squeeze between a bed and a wall on one side and two people won't fit in between the beds. Almost no space for your stuff, like bags and clothes, everything have to go on the beds or the floor. I call this uncomfortable.

Appliances are very noisy. Had to turn off both a fridge and an air conditioner to be able to sleep in the night. There is a bright light outside of a patio door that lights all night and have no control from the room so you need to draw the curtains all the way to create a sense of dark.

Washroom looks renovated and is perhaps the most comfortable place in the room. But... The toilet is old and was leaking and also very noisy.

Breakfast is included, and you have your normal variety of fast food: scrambled eggs, sausage and pancakes, along with some cereals and fruit. Coffee was surprisingly good. The breakfast room is too small and could hold probably less than 10 rooms worth of guests but there is an option to take food to your room and eat it there. If you can fit in there, because the rooms are so small.

Wi-Fi is included and does work. There was no limitation on the number of devices in the room and the speed was acceptable to watch Netflix.

The room service was good and staff is friendly but that is the tiniest portion of the entire experience.

In conclusion, I won't stay there another time and won't recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Comfort Inn G, Manager at Comfort Inn Gatineau, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time and let us know how was your experience.