US$121
US$106
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Auberge de la Gare(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$73
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

US$108
US$118
US$88
Trip.com
  • Pool
Du Chevalier Motel & Suites(Gatineau)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
US$133
US$80
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$229
US$162
Priceline
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

All reviewsmini fridgecostcowifireceptioncarpetdeskbeds
Reviewed 23 September 2017

My first impressions when I entered my room were:
This is quite small!
and
This is not ready!

Bed wasn't made, garbage in the bin and no towels.
Besides, somebody had been smoking.

The receptionist handled it nicely, however! I was moved next door.
Still small, but clean and ready!

In general the place needs a makeover. The physically challenged or elderly may not be able to open or close the door to the room. You have to really give it a yank to get in or close the door.

The A/C is quite noisy, but can be turned off. You just need to locate the correct remote. The same receptionist did phone to confirm, I had it figured out.

Access to the motel can be a bit of a challenge at the moment, as roadwork is going on. There is, however, a back entrance, if you can find it.

Room is equipped with a coffee maker and a fridge, of which the later worked nicely. (don't do coffee myself).

WiFi works so-so. Signal is weak and it may take you 2-3 tries to get your page loaded. Could be a problem logging into your bank or e-mail!

One of the bulbs in the ceiling lamp was blinking on or off every minute or so.

Breakfast was served 7-11, and was OK. Cereals, toast and sweet bread. Juice, coffee and tea. I have seen a lot worse!

Staff was willing to answer 'stupid' questions. Even in English!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2017

The hotel is reasonably priced. The WiFi which they advertised, does not work, I have stayed twice, a month apart, and each time was informed that it was being worked on, and would be up in an hour. Waited all night and tried the following morning to no avail. Please don't advertise something that u cannot offer. The bed was a little too hard for my liking. They offer free breakfast which is quite good.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Motel_Montcalm175, Owner at Motel Montcalm, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hello Deb ,
Thank you for your feedback . We are currently working on the WIFI . We do appologize of this inconvenience . Kindest regards ,

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Was clean, quiet, amazing customers service! Continental breakfast was very good super clean. Our kids loved the pool. Life guard on duty during open hours. Location was great and bilingual was appreciated.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Motel_Montcalm175, Owner at Motel Montcalm, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hi Tanya , I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us . We look forward to see you in the near future .
Kindest regards ,

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

For a budget motel they were very good. Bed was very small, so was room. But I knew that so it was fine. Bed was very firm which I like. It was clean and the front desk staff was very outgoing and friendly. Close enough to some fast food, a decent restaurant La Creppa a stroll down the road. The on,y thing I wasn't wild about was the padded toilet seat. Haven't seen one of those in more than 20 years which made me think of all the butts that have sat on it and how it's fabric material and then I got a little weirded out. Lol. I think they should invest $25 in a new cleaner moulded plastic toilet seat.

I'd stay again for sure.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Motel_Montcalm175, Manager at Motel Montcalm, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hi Glen !Thank you for the review .We did make the change in the toilet seat in the room.
We hope to see you around ,
Kindest Regards ,
Motel Montcalm ,

Reviewed 8 July 2017

The desk clerk that greeted us was friendly and welcoming as she handed us our motel key. We were on the main floor which made it easy to get in and out of the room as well as to chat with the neighbours as we sat on the lawn chairs outside our room. The room was average size with 2 queen beds, a desk, mini-fridge, coffee maker, small open closet and bathroom tucked away at the back of the room. The floors throughout the room were tile rather than carpet. Although the comforters on the beds had a couple of old burn holes in them, they did their job and the beds were typical box-springs that were relatively comfortable and clean. There were The bathroom was small and clean, but I recommend bringing your own toiletries and since they have a combination soap and shampoo pump on the wall - handy for hand washing though - nor did they have a hairdryer. The window in the bathroom was handy for letting out all of the steam after a shower. There was a cute little outdoor pool that we did not get a chance to use, although it did look clean and inviting. I like that this motel was just a few blocks away from Costco, Cora, and several other restaurants and stores. It was very easy to find as well as to get to the various sites in both Ottawa and Gatineau since it was on a main street, but relatively quiet.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank silverbrook

Hello ,

Thank you for staying at Motel Montcalm . We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay . We hope to see you soon ,
Kindest Regards ,