“I love this place can spend the whole day there.”
Review of Spa 901

Spa 901
Ranked #1 of 5 Spas & Wellness in Fernie
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the Kootenay's premier spa. From the original brick walls of this renovated 1908 schoolhouse, to the spacious treatment rooms and one of a kind amenities, Spa 901 boasts luxury, professionalism and specialized treatments. Our internationally hand-picked team of Estheticians and Spa Therapists strive to provide an unparallel spa experience where beauty, comfort, knowledge and personalized attention combine to create a memorable and rejuvenating experience. Spa 901 is proud to be chosen as "Top 25 Spas in Canada" in the 2016 Canadian Spa and Wellness Awards, as well of "Best of Fernie" from 2012 - 2015. We invite you to complement your Fernie experience and be a guest at Spa 901. Reserve the couple's suite to share an unforgettable experience with your partner or choose to be pampered in our private rooms. Visit our esthetics for the latest pedicure color or enjoy a hot stone or sports massage (after a dip in the hot pool). The highlights of our facility include: •Spacious men and women's locker rooms •Two relaxation lounges with fireplaces •Outdoor hot pool and infrared saunas •Robe and towel service •Couple's fireplace treatment room •Four individual treatment rooms •Two Esthetic suites offerring side by side manicures and pedicure stations •Professional and knowlegable team of Spa Therapists and Estheticians •High end retail and professional brands such as Guinot Paris, Dermalogica and Zoya. Spa 901 also caters to group gatherings and private corporate events. From bachelorette or christmas parties to girl's day out - our talented team of Spa Coordinators can organize the perfect spa day for your social gathering. Locally owned and operated.
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Come early for you appointments especially if you are having a pedicure as they have lovely hot tubs and you cannot use them if you have your toenails painted before as they will probably ruin your nail polish unless you wait a couple of hours. We always go early and make a day of it. They have a lovely wine cooling fridge so if you want to have some wine take your own have cool it. Not sure if they supply wine glasses so unless you want to drink from a teacup or a paper cup bring you own. They have a little quiet room with fireplace good seating/lounges lovely place for a nap. They supply lovely terry warm housecoats to bundle up in as well. Massages are very good and most people are registered so you can put on your medical plan if you want to. If you are doing this make sure you ask for a registered therapist when you book. Have a hot tub before and after. They are a bit pricier than most places for a pedicure but it is worth it for the foot massage and the hot tubs. They also have makeup and facials but I have never got on there so cannot recommend but I would think that their standard are just as high. I have gotten nail polish for free with my pedicure so that is also a bonus and it is wonderful wonderful nail polish. Just FYI their is not public transportation if fernie except for Taxi's but there is not where you cannot walk. Transportation between Sparwood and Elkford is provided daily and also to Cranbook on most weekdays so check into that. You can get number probably at the Chamber office.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"pampered"
"skiing"

Reviewed 7 July 2016

The only true spa in Fernie. I suggest arriving early to take advantage of the outdoor hot pool before a massage. The spa is my go to for a quality pedicure. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Yesterday I was unable to make my appointment because I got a flat tire. The owners didn't charge me for the appointment because I am a regular client. This spa always makes me feel so welcome. Jess always does my treatments and her level of knowledge in regards to skincare is very impressing... I trust her with my problematic skin. For xmas and bdays I always ask my hubby for spa 901 gift certificates. It's my favourite way to relax and unwind in Fernie!

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

I went to this spa this afternoon. I was happy about my massage.

They have a hot tub outside, which is really nice. However, I've been to Scandinavian spas before, and this place isn't quite there. The infrared sauna is in the change room, and is very small. Another customer was laying down naked in there, occupying the entire space for like half an hour... And there isn't a warm sauna.

All that to say. If you have experienced Scandinavian spas before, don't expect this place to be the same. However, it is the best spa I've been to in a 3 hour drive radius of Calgary. And I would certainly recommend it to anyone needing to relax.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 March 2016

I've had the pleasure of visiting Spa 901 many times over the last three years, for a range of different experiences. Without fail the service has been excellent; professional and welcoming. The space is lovely; an old renovated school house that is warm and inviting with a large outdoor hot tub, indoor sauna and cosy relaxation rooms, as well as private spaces for services. This place is a great escape!
The practitioners are all very experienced, so waxing is always efficient, and as painless as the experience can be! Massages and facials are a lovely experience - I love the smell of the Japanese Mint oil in the room!
My favourite experiences have been the events; the recent Conscious Cleanse ladies retreat was a relaxing and rejuvenating day that I'd highly recommend either with a friend or on your own. Private parties have also been a lot of fun and special day with a small group of ladies.
Thanks ladies for the great weekend!