“The BEST Spa Experience Ever!”
Review of Spa 901

Spa 901
Ranked #1 of 5 Spas & Wellness in Fernie
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the Kootenay's premier spa. From the original brick walls of this renovated 1908 schoolhouse, to the spacious treatment rooms and one of a kind amenities, Spa 901 boasts luxury, professionalism and specialized treatments. Our internationally hand-picked team of Estheticians and Spa Therapists strive to provide an unparallel spa experience where beauty, comfort, knowledge and personalized attention combine to create a memorable and rejuvenating experience. Spa 901 is proud to be chosen as "Top 25 Spas in Canada" in the 2016 Canadian Spa and Wellness Awards, as well of "Best of Fernie" from 2012 - 2015. We invite you to complement your Fernie experience and be a guest at Spa 901. Reserve the couple's suite to share an unforgettable experience with your partner or choose to be pampered in our private rooms. Visit our esthetics for the latest pedicure color or enjoy a hot stone or sports massage (after a dip in the hot pool). The highlights of our facility include: •Spacious men and women's locker rooms •Two relaxation lounges with fireplaces •Outdoor hot pool and infrared saunas •Robe and towel service •Couple's fireplace treatment room •Four individual treatment rooms •Two Esthetic suites offerring side by side manicures and pedicure stations •Professional and knowlegable team of Spa Therapists and Estheticians •High end retail and professional brands such as Guinot Paris, Dermalogica and Zoya. Spa 901 also caters to group gatherings and private corporate events. From bachelorette or christmas parties to girl's day out - our talented team of Spa Coordinators can organize the perfect spa day for your social gathering. Locally owned and operated.
Reviewed 1 October 2017

From the moment you arrive outside Spa 901, you know you are in for a treat. The building is old and beautiful and reeks of history. After you buzz in the receptionist greets you and you are supplied with your slippers and can browse the wide array of candles and lotions on display in the foyer. You enter the spa area down an impressive circular stairway into a labyrinth of rooms delightfully decorated with paintings that are large, and visually stimulating. You are shown to the locker area, given your robe and locker key and guided to the lounge and infra red sauna area to await your treatments. The ginger tea and cucumber water station right beside the lounge is lovely. The lounge has four beautiful couches and a large fireplace that was unfortunately not working. We were greeted by our therapists in a very timely manner, and my full body exfoliation, facial, head massage and body massage were out of this world pampering! I actually fell asleep during the hot oil head massage; the experience was that relaxing! After chilling in the lounge we went outside to the hot tub then back in for a shower. The spa provides shampoo, conditioner, body wash, blow dryers and curling irons so when you leave you look as good as you feel. I would recommend this as the absolute best, and we will be back!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"pampered"
"skiing"

Reviewed 7 September 2017

My husband and I recently vacationed in beautiful Fernie BC. We decided to visit the spa in the building we had rented a condo space. We had such a wonderful experience. The front desk was very welcoming . They treated us by our first names and were very warm and welcoming. We chose to have massages and found the experience very relaxing. Both of our therapist were very knowlegable. We really felt pampered. They ended the experience with a cozy area with warm tea and chocolate!!! If you are visiting this great outdoor town, stop by the spa and treat yourself

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Friend and I booked manicure and pedicure for our last day in Fernie. It was relaxing and quiet. Great way to spend the morning. Next time I would give myself time to use the outdoor hot tub.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Spa901 is my favorite spa in Fernie. It's located downtown. This Spa is huge and has a lot to offer. The staff encourage you to come in early before you scheduled time so you can take full of advantage of their their extra meant Amenities which includes they're awesome outdoor hottub with jets everywhere. I got the Signature Natural Facial , Full Body Glow, and Signature Hot Stone Pedicure. The price was very affordable and worth it! It was clean, they offer robes, really good tea, the staff were friendly and made you feel so welcomed and relaxed. I would highly recommend this Spa

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 February 2017

My legs were aching both from skiing and arthritis and I felt a massage would help. The Spa 901 was recommended by a local. One would not discover this spa by walking by since it is located in a low rise condo building. Fortunately, I was able to book a last minute treatment. Upon arrival, I was given my size of footwear and led to the locker room where I changed into the provided robe. There was a short wait for the therapist who led me to a room with a heated bed and covered me with a thick but feather light duvet. There, I received a wonderful deep tissue massage. After the hour massage, I was taken to the relaxation room to rest on a large L shaped lounge, covered with a thin blanket, and given 2 small wrapped chocolates. My only regret about this experience is that I did not arrive early enough to use the complimentary hot tub.