Manoir Hovey
US$109
Lecomte de la Fontaine(North Hatley)(Great Value!)
US$71
Auberge Le Coeur d'Or(North Hatley)(Great Value!)
US$75
A La Cornemuse(North Hatley)(Great Value!)
US$97
Manoir Le Tricorne(North Hatley)
US$169
US$112
Travelocity
Le Cachet B&B(North Hatley)(Great Value!)
US$90
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

Hammak(North Hatley)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$67
  • Restaurant
Motel Le Sabre(Sherbrooke)(Great Value!)
US$64
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Serendipity B&B(North Hatley)
TripAdvisor
1,279 results
All reviewseastern townshipsmain buildingdining roombeautiful settingdining experiencefine dininglake massawippiwine listthe pubimpeccable serviceluxury roomget awayduckthe wait staffpaddle boardsout of this worldlouise penny
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I was a guest at Manoir Hovey in October, celebrating one year of marriage. I knew this place was good but never expected it to surpass my expectations and to great extents.

1- Location
It is located in North Harley, which is a town in the eastern townships of Quebec. It is about 2 hours away to the south east of Montreal and around 30 to 45 min from the US border. The area is probably one of the best regions of the province with a breathtaking nature and some of the best air one can breathe. Getting to the hotel is only possible by car, while there are some back and forth transportation means between the place and Montreal, it is definitely easier to just take your own car or rent. Parking is not much of an issue and the hotel has its own parking place where you can park for free.
The natural surrounding is one of a kind. The hotel is located directly on a wide lake and just sitting on its banks is one of the most relaxing activities you can do. It’s location provides some of the best views especially in the morning. We used to wake up and sip our coffee right on the balcony overlooking the serenity of water and the occasional birds landing for water.

2- The hotel itself
It is a diamond in every sense of the word. The building is an old mansion built back in the 1800s by rich Americans who used to consider Hatley as their summer get away. The hotel has kept most of its historical charm and you can feel it the second you walk through the main entrance. The wooden floors, stairs and ceilings take you back in time to that era of aristocracy. The front office is small but exactly what is needed to compete the charm. Right next to the front office, there is a small salon decorated in the most beautiful aristocratic furniture. The fireplace in the middle is a must experience with a brandy or cognac an a cold day.
I was lucky to have a couple of really sunny days during my stay and as such I got to experience what is probably the most beautiful feature of the hotel, its garden and outdoor areas. First the hotel’s location on the lake makes the lazy chairs all sliver the garden a one of a kind relaxation experience. You just lounge there and order anything you like from the bar. I certainly loved my scotch while contemplating the gorgeous serenity of the place. I also highly recommend you venture on the hotel grounds towards the shores of the lake and towards the small quai on the left side of the hotel. It also has some chairs and you have the feeling you are floating on water.

3- Rooms
This place definitely does bit disappoint at all. Imagine the post card view you have from the gardens but now from the luxury of your small room balcony overlooking the hotel grounds. Nothing beats the morning coffee or the afternoon drink over there.
The indoor room space is quite large and spacious. The bed was centrally located and provides the beautiful view as soon as you open your eyes. The washroom is very spacious with a big bathtub and all amenities you need to have a pampered stay. The room I was in had a fireplace which we used for a little bit but also was in the central part of the building and on the top floor, so the sunshine coming in was magnificent

4- Service and price
The is hotel does not come cheap. It is definitely living up to its luxury but unlike lots of other places I stayed at, it is actually worth every penny. I would definitely pay without remorse as I know I am getting a great value.
The employees are extremely friendly. The front office agents were very professional and did not hesitate to offer clarifications to all our questions. Room service was very attentive to everything and since we were celebrating our first year of marriage, a complimentary bottle of champagne was provided.

I highly recommend Manoir Hovey. This is one of those rare places that does not disappoint and worth the fees. I highly recommend it for guests wishing to have a break from the city and evade to the serenity of Quebec’s east townships or for people like me who want to celebrate a special occasion.

***Please like this review if you find it helpful. It has been drafted to provide you insights on your next visit travel from the perspective of a fellow consumer and traveler***

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SagaLEB
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Beautiful Property with superior Service, beautiful library, excellent bar, and choice of formal restaurant or more informal Pub. All public areas exquisitely decorated and maintained, and the staff is skilled and attentive.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are beautiful, well-equipped, and centrally located to the Public Rooms.
Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux
Reviewed 25 February 2018

My husband and I traveled to Manor Hovey to spend our Christmas Holiday. We had an extraordinary visit and felt like we were in a magical winter wonderland. The hotel is charming and the service is lovely. The property is beautifully decorated for the holiday season and although it was extremely cold, there was a fireplace in our room and in the main library to spend time curled up with a book. The "sleigh" ride on Christmas morning is really a wagon, but it's pulled by gorgeous horses and we enjoyed it very much. Dining options are a bit limited on property but the food is delicious. We plan to visit again in the fall when we can enjoy more of the area around the property.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grace k
Reviewed 19 February 2018

My husband and I came to Manoir Hovey for the weekend to celebrate my birthday, and our stay was pure magnificence. We stayed in a cottage a few doors down from the main building (#44, Wolfe). It was large and lovely, very romantic, with windows on all sides, a cozy fireplace, comfy bed, rain head shower, and even a little reading couch that was so nice to curl up on. It was snowing when we arrived, and we watched it fall softly over Lake Massawippi.

We were on the MAP plan, which included breakfast and dinner each day. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. Wine recommendations were spot on. On the second night, I chose a dish that I didn’t care for very much, and they immediately, happily substituted another dish without hesitation.

The manor is elegant and understated, the staff remarkably helpful and generous without ever intruding. Everyone on staff went out of their way to take care of our needs, such as driving us back and forth to dinner, because the road was so icy and slippery. My favorite moments happened in the library: having tea before the fire, martinis there before dinner, and, of course reading and relaxing. The Tap Room was cozy and rustic, a wonderful place for lunch. I can’t wait to go back in all the other seasons.

Room Tip: Recommend Wolfe/#33 -- large cottage offering comfort and privacy
Reviewed 17 February 2018

My wife and I love it here at Hovey, we were married here and have returned on a yearly basis. Jason Stafford and his staff are incredible. They know the meaning of perfection, The food, the atmosphere, the service, the attention to details is simply amazing.

Room Tip: All rooms are warm, comfortable and welcoming
Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux