“We must have hit an off night...because it was not without problems”

Patrick Bermand Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 159 Restaurants in Mont Tremblant
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 November 2017

First of all, we all felt rushed by our waitress when we arrived on a Saturday night for a sibling supper.

Overall, the service was not very impressive. The waitress knew nothing of certain drinks from the bar or their prices. Then she charged me for dessert because my brother didn’t eat his so I did...it wasn’t included in my meal selection so she charged me. I told them it shouldn’t have been charged, and they removed it.

The quality of food was variable. Those who took the shrimp enjoyed their meal. But I took the chef's signature dish, the beef tartare. It was well seasoned, but the beef had some unchewable chunks of what I don’t know, along with a long white strip of what looked like sinew. I’ve never seen anything like this in a beef tartare, anywhere.

I brought it to the waitress's attention. They removed it from the invoice, but without any other apology for their poor signature dish.

One last comment. The noice from the kitchen was annoying...large banging from metal trays or pots.

There are so many positive reviews, I wonder whether we just hit an off night. That’s one possibility but not the only one.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Wednesday night at this time of year is generally quiet in the area, with only local trade. In an effort to get people in, they offer a simple three course dinner at $22 this time around. The menu changes week to week to take account of what local produce is available, but at $22 per person, it is hard to beat. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

I have to start by raving about the 'duo' appetizer that I ordered. It was a combination of marinated, seared octopus and smoked salmon (not mixed together just on the same plate!) It was just wonderful- if I could have had a larger portion for my main course, I would have! Instead I ordered the fish of the day, which was a walleye- well prepared, perfectly cooked- but not as original as my appetizer!
My husband enjoyed his Caesar salad- with extra anchovy as requested- and his steak, which was cooked perfectly-medium/rare as requested.
Very good wine by the glass. Good service- attentive, but not too!
This was our favorite restaurant in the area.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I have been to Patrick Bermand several times over the last year - with a friend, with teenagers, with my 80 year old mother. Each time the food was wonderful and well-presented and the service was excellent. The last time was for a "Mercredi Resident," the unbelievable bargain priced fixed menu offered on Wednesdays. It's very busy on Wednesday evenings, and the server brought my mother the wrong salad - clearly one off-menu meant for a child. He replaced it immediately with profuse apologies and some humor. The fact that the restaurant is so busy on Wednesdays with locals and visitors of all ages enjoying the food and atmosphere says a lot for both the food and service. And the Wednesday menu, although a bargain, has some nice choices - the last time I was there the main courses included pork osso buco, a tuna tataki, and a seasonal vegetable pasta. The osso buco was terrific, as were the other courses. And the atmosphere is great, both inside and out. Dinner in a log house is exactly what you want in the mountains!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We go there for Residents Wednesday witch offers a taste of fine French cuisine at a affordable price. Portions are moderate but very tasty. Staff is very friendly but seems overwhelmed on busy nights.
Best choice for Wednesday night