Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mount Peyton Hotel(Grand Falls Windsor)
View Hotel
Hotel Robin Hood(Grand Falls Windsor)
Good 3.5/5
Plum Point Motel(Plum Point)
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Good 3.5/5
All reviewshot tubthe riverfire pitthe ownersnowmobile tripvacation homegroomed trailssnow conditionstucked awaytotal relaxationour tour guidecentral newfoundlandpauladventurejoyrapidscabin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We were traveling from St John's to Gros Morne National Park, and found Riverfront Chalets as a good mid point stop over for the long drive. WOW, we're we ever happy to have chosen this resort destination. The chalets were the best accommodation that we experienced in Newfoundland: they were spotlessly clean, modern and well equipped with full kitchen, BBQ and a great view of the beautiful river. It was really a perfect spot and excellent for kids. The owner and staff are helpful and friendly.

I also highly recommend the rafting. We took the kids (ages 10, 8 & 7) white water rafting with Rafting Newfoundland, and enjoyed the hot tub, and riverfront fire pit in the evening.

1  Thank Claire F
RiverfrontChalets, Owner at Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2014

Hi Claire. Well it sounds like you enjoyed yourself on the river and at the chalets! Thank you very much for the great review and hope to see you again sometime. Thanks again.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Despite being the only place to do rafting in Newfoundland, they staff really make sure we get the maximum found we can get along this easy going river. River water was very warn in July so we didnt need the wet suit.We took back plenty of picture from this trip as the guides took plenty of us during the day. No special skills needed. Just get ready to get really wet!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I don't even know where to start!
I've had a Bucket List for several years now. Some of the wishes on my list included: swimming with dolphins, parasailing, swimming with stingrays, zip lining, Tely ten mile race ( several times ), and many others, with white water rafting being among them. As a surprise, my daughters arranged for me to not only have that experience, but booked your chalet as well for the weekend! The best part of my surprise was....they and their families were coming with me! Unfortunately, one of my daughters and her husband weren't able to make it last minute, but we brought their son with us.
Paul and Joy, I have to say, although I have been fortunate enough to experience some very beautiful things in my life.....this was probably the most memorable.
We live in St.John's and have passed the Exploits hundreds of times over the years. This was our first time experiencing the Lady up close and personal. She has something for everyone. She offers excitement and the whisper of danger to the thrill seekers....and she envelopes you in the beauty and grace of nature spread out before you just waiting to be explored.
We were so fortunate to have been assigned Will as our guide. He is an amazing young man and a wonderful ambassador for your company. Will was polite, funny, capable and informative all the while we were on the river. He pointed out any and all points of interest along the way. He told us where the Beothuks had settled. We gently floated by and in the silence of nature, you could conjure up the people of yesteryear in your imagination. You could see them in your mind going about their daily routines trying to eke out an existence. You could almost smell the smoke and the food cooking over open fires .....you could hear them talk to each other in their native tongue while the children's' laughter echoed in the air. You watch as a Beothuk man tries to catch a salmon with a primitive apparatus near the shore of the rattling blue mighty river. Overhead, watching all of this from her nest in a tall spruce is a magnificent eagle.
I was truly captivated by the mesmerizing scenery...and we really did see an large eagle in her nest watching us.....we would have missed that if Will hadn't pointed it out to us.
I know I have an over active imagination....did I mention writing a book is on my Bucket List ?

My husband refused to do most of the items on my List, but this time, he came, but with a little trepidation. I guess he figured if our 8 and 10 year old grandchildren could do it...he could!

We arrived at the Riverfront Chalets on Sunday. It was such a lovely surprise to see how well planned, well taken care of, and attention given to detail to everything on your property. The four chalets and their discreet connections, the rafting building, the change rooms and bathrooms, the bus and trailer for the rafts, the kayaks, the canoes, the horseshoe pitch, the stonework leading to the covered salt water hot tub, the seating around a campfire with stocked firewood....this all with the beautiful Exploits rustling in the foreground amidst a landscape in keeping with nature. You even arranged for little frogs to delight our grandchildren!

When we reluctantly left our adventure, our family had to go back to St. John's. Bill and I on the other hand had to continue on to the west coast on business. Everybody we talked to at gas stations, every restaurant, every business colleague, every hotel, and even the staff of Marble Mountain were encouraged by Bill and I to experience your awesome adventure! We also stressed that they had to have the complete experience by staying at your beautiful Chalets.

Paul....we can't thank you enough for envisioning and giving life to a beautiful experience in Newfoundland. We probably would never have had the pleasure of seeing the beautiful Exploits in entirety otherwise. Now we are in awe.

Our grandchildren went home as I mentioned earlier. Zach showed his DVD to his parents and friends and now they are making plans to raft as well!

In closing, I can't express what a joy it was to have met your young guide Will. He impressed me so much I even offered to be his Canadian Mum! Darren too was a delight and represented your company with pride. You chose your staff well!

If you want to send me some brochures, Bill and I would be thrilled to give them out to everybody we know. Our cabin is in an area where there are dozens and dozens of families we know who would be interested if they had the information.
We want everyone to have the wonderful and memorable experience we did.

We definitely will be back......please give Will regards from his Canadian Mum.

2  Thank MyBucketList2014
RiverfrontChalets, Owner at Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Wow! I don't know where to start either! There are so many compliments here....overwhelming to say the least! Thanks so much. And yes.....I will send you some brochures. So glad you had a good time.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

A very good time with our family from Québec visiting our adopted land, 10 of us in the rafting boat, kids a bit afraid at first...crying...and minutes away having fun jumping in the water everywhere in the river! Our guide Will...an awesome personnality and pilot! you made our day and evening too! The kids exhausted were in bed early happy...and us adults around the camp fire still singing along, just like we did while paddling today! don't miss this experience! We.... will remember, it is now a superbe memory! THanks! Jaja

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Well thanks very much for the compliments! So may people are nervous at the start but then settle in quickly as they realize the professional staff we have here. Remember, let your inner 10 year old out! Hope you visit Newfoundland again real soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our Scout Patrol and Cub Pack had a fantastic day of rafting on Saturday. The guides were fantastic and made sure that everything was safe, fun and memorable. I would recommend anyone rafting in June when the water is still cold to rent a wetsuit. Many of us went in the water and all got wet but the suits kept us warm. Thanks Paul, Jeff and Haider for a great day on the Exploits River.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Peter. Well it was a pleasure having you guys here as well and glad you had a great time on the river! You guys are welcome to camp here anytime. We have 500 scouts here this week.....a busy one indeed! Thanks again.