Mount Peyton Hotel(Grand Falls Windsor)
US$96
US$128
US$115
Travelocity
US$118
All reviewshot tubthe riverthe ownersnowmobile tripvacation homegroomed trailssnow conditionsdown to earthtotal relaxationour tour guidepauladventurejoyrapidsbbqcabinexploits
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Great day on the Exploits River! Ton of fun for the whole family. Guilds are awesome,informative and just plain chill! I would certainly recommend for everyone! Great value for your dollar. Can accommodate large groups.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2016

We spent a night here on our journey between St John's and Rocky Harbour and it was sensational. We arrived early as my husband and daughters were rafting and we was met by a really friendly team who answered any questions that we had and kitted the family out with their wetsuits ($15 each) but worth it if you feel the cold. The rafting was wonderful and my husband and daughters came back after a fantastic 5 hours jumping off rocks and tackling the rapids. As I didn't go rafting I waited to check in and although I wasn't due to check in until 3pm the team made sure that I was able to check in much earlier, this gave me the afternoon to sit and relax. We stayed in chalet number 1 and it was beautiful, the chalets are really high spec and equipped with spa baths which are totally relaxing. The chalet has two bedrooms one at the top and one downstairs, the beds were so comfortable and everything was so clean and tastefully done. The views from the chalets are amazing of the river and there is also a hot tub. I would totally recommend this accomodation and we would definitely come back.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Paulwrose R, Owner at Riverfront Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Awesome review and great to read such wonderful comments! Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon. I love the views here too. The Exploits is a beautifil river!

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Amazing time with the Rafting newfoundland staff on the river. Pleasure for all people (if you need extreme feeling it's ok, if you need safety for family it's the best place for beginning). The site and chalets is beautiful! Thanks Jason for the opportunity :)

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2016

We recently stayed at Riverfront Chalets for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. The chalets are only a 20 minute drive from our hometown of Grand Falls-Windsor. This was a big reason why we haven’t stayed there before, it seemed “too close” for a getaway. Wrong. When you enter the area you are no longer home, you are at your destination. And you forgot you are minutes from home. What a breathtaking view of the Exploits River from the chalet. The chalets are terrific and well designed and spacious. We shared the chalet with another couple and there was loads of room. We enjoyed a great BBQ on the covered deck and enjoyed a few cocktails before making our way to the covered hot tub. This may have been our first trip to Riverfront, but definitely not our last. We are already making plans on a return visit this winter (hopefully by snowmobile) because I know firsthand, these chalets are only minutes away from some great trails and back country. This place is highly recommended whether you are travelling from the Central area or across the island.

Room Tip: if staying with two couples take the loft bedroom, what a view!!!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff R
Management response:Responded 29 June 2016

Wow Jeff! Thanks so much for the wonderful review! Reviews like this certainly make running this resort a pleasure! I hear a lot of people comment that its an advantage to those living in Central to have the chalets close to home....must be true. Folkes from Gander to Springdale certainly keep us busy. I hope to see you this winter for your winter getaway to get some sledding in. Thanks again.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I shared a cabin with his brother and his brother's girlfriend, there was a bedroom and a loft, which worked out perfect. The cabin was very modern and clean, also very large. The grounds were perfect, spacious, beautiful and very well maintained. There was a hot tub and a bonfire pit, all overlooking the river. There was also a beautiful grounds cat that we pet for quite sometime outside on the lovely private patio. There is a grill, so bring some steaks!
There is not a single negative thing that I could add to this review.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Paulwrose R, Owner at Riverfront Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Hi Stacy. Wow, that one of the nicest reviews yet! Thanks so much! I am, glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again someday.