“Never Again”

Artichoke Restaurant
Price range: US$18 - US$26
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fine dinning food with out the price or fuss , beautiful waterfront dinning, friendly professional service chef is owner operator so there is a lot of love
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Dined there Easter Friday night. Worst experience ever! First dish was burnt! All of the dishes are way over priced.Half of the dishes were not available.Two of the chosen wines weren't avaliable The chef really needs to pull his head in with the way he treats staff. What a pity.....such a great location!

1  Thank reacher56

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wow where do I even begin. We are utterly disappointed. We went out for our 2nd year anniversary on the 30/03/2018 and chose Artichoke Restaurant. I would be ashamed to even call this restaurant fine dining. My wife ordered the 200 Day Aged Eye Fillet which was apparently slow cooked medium rare eye fillet served w’ butternut pumpkin chards w’ vanilla, carrot puree w’ velvet potato dumplings topped w’ quail, ox cheek, duck, port, shiraz jus. What we ended up getting was a piece of Eye Fillet that was tender but at the end of day was a tiny portion of meat with a sauce. We didn't see any of what was in the description. And for $49 for a main to not even include any sides with the dish is utterly disgusting.

I ordered the Duo of Lamb Artichoke again apparently w’ sage, burnt butter gnocchi w’ vanilla, vodka, carrot puree, panko crumbed artichoke topped w’ seeded mustard cream sauce. The meal didn't come with any gnocchi, couldn't taste any vanilla/vodka, or panko crumbed artichoke. Again I got essentially 2 pieces of lamb rack and another sauce that tasted strangely similar to the sauce my wife had.

The total cost of the meal came to $125 and was even charged $10 for still water that wasn't even mentioned as costing anything and we just assumed was normal tap water. We didn't even bother with the desert menu as we were so underwhelmed with the mains that we couldn't justify spending one more cent in this apparent fine dining restaurant.

I was that unsatisfied with the meal that I actually got a cheeseburger meal on the way home and enjoyed it more than what I had just eaten.

I implore anyone considering dining at this restaurant to reconsider. If you like throwing your money away by all means eat here if you like to pay good money for excellent food eat elsewhere.

1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well where do I start.....
Anniversary dinner, restaurant came very highly recommended......
Booking at 7.30 arrived on time and waited ages for someone to come and seat us.
First thing I chose was not available
Chose two bottles of wine neither available
Second menu choice not available
Ordered oysters .... had to check if they had any
Natural oysters with nimjam dressing...... it was bottled chilli sauce with something added to it
The other dressing was horrible
The kilpatrick had bacon pieces the size of rashers of bacon
By 8.30pm no sign of our mains
Asked the waitress.... sorry we are getting to it
By 8.45pm asked the waiter.... under staffed second chef had not turned up
By 8.55 we gave up
The only good thing was The bottle of wine we had which was given at the price of the two we had wanted..... it was delicious
So Artichoke you spoilt our anniversary and we went home hungry, annoyed, tears, and generally p&&&&&d off
No recommendation for anyone to eat at your restaurant
The outside menu was shabby, the inside menus were shabby, the cutlery on the table was dirty
DO NOT GO TO ARTICHOKE at Ephraim Island
Rubbish

3  Thank linarolfe1502
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We visited here for the degustation lunch on a recent Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Initially we weren't sure what we were getting into given some other reviews about poor customer service, but we found the service to be exemplary. The gentleman and younger lady providing the front of house service on the day were fantastic, and likewise when I rang to make the booking. They could not be faulted. And the food was quite beautiful and delicious! Yes the degustation portions were small but by the time we finished we were full, and its about the experience of sampling beautiful food in a leisurely way. Especially loved the dessert with the glass of port - a lovely touch. Do allow at least 2 and a half hours for the degustation dishes to be delivered and consumed, as recommended.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Fair dinkum, make sure you take a magnifying glass , so you can find the food.each portion is so small, actually smaller than small, plus the menu is so complicated, I didn’t feel comfortable ordering anything.
Then the chef came out & told us we didn’t know anything about restaurants, we should forget the menu & let him cook as he wish’s.
I wouldn’t trust him!!!!