“Tasted Like Cardboard ”

Ginger & Soy - Traditional Chinese Cuisine Ltd
Ranked #25 of 161 Restaurants in West Vancouver
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Ordered several dishes for dinner last night on the take-out menu. Gave them plenty of time to cook the food and when we picked it up it was cold. Don’t order: “potstickers” too doughy. The “shrimp and pork fried rice” had way too much rice and not enough meat. The “battered lemon chicken” was soggy. The “lettuce wrap with beef” you can make a better dish like that at home. However, the “wonton soup” was good. The “boneless deep-fried pork was tasty.” And the “beef with broccoli and black bean sauce” was good as well. Each dish was very expensive. Will try another Chinese restaurant in West Vancouver next time.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My husband surprised me by inviting me to lunch today at Ginger and Soy. We had not been here inn a while and it was so good.

The restaurant has lunch specials and I had the sole with peas. It comes with a choice of soups. We both had the creamed corn which was very good. The fish however was amazing. I am not a ' fish eater' but I knew this fish was good for my health and it was good for my taste buds too. The meal came with tea and rice.

A lovely lunch on a hot Vancouver day.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is very authentic Chinese. Not at all like your run of the mill version you will see throughout the lower mainland.
The prices are a little higher than the above mentioned but you know the saying: you get what you pay for. The food is cooked fresh on the spot as you can view the chefs at work. The waiter/waitresses have all been friendly and attentive. My wife and I went there in a non lunch special day (the weekend) and split a dish. There was more than enough in the one order to please us both.
For the few extra dollars you pay for a dish here compared to the run of the mill place, it is more than well worth it.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

This is a very good Chinese restaurant that offers a variety of unusual dishes. Their take-out and delivery dishes are excellent.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I only heard of this place from a co-worker who's originally from Shanghai so I can deduce that it must be a good chinese restaurant.

The place is small and parking is a bit difficult so you might end parking around the block.

Once seated the server recommended the spicy deep fried pepper chicken which is not on the menu - we paired that with shrimp chicken fried rice then started with their homemade wonton soup. Everything is good - I can say that this is the best Chinese place in West Vancouver of not in the north shore - the only other serious contended is Jade Garden in North Vancouver which has ample sitting.