“Quick stop for lunch”

Fescues Restaurant at Big Sky Golf Club
Ranked #8 of 24 Restaurants in Pemberton
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful landscape, great views to the mountain!
And for lunch I had a great chicken club sandwich and my wife had a nhoque - both were great and the nhoque was spectacular!
The waitress was very kindly and overall the services was positive!
Great place to spend some time outside too!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We enjoyed breakfast before a round of golf. The breakfast menu isn't extensive, but handles the basics. My husband and I had the two egg basic breakfast with breakfast meat, potatoes and toast. Both of us enjoyed our meal, which was efficiently served.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Located at the Pemberton Golf Club. What an introduction to beautiful landscaping. The driveway to the clubhouse is lined with Modern art sculpture in metal of animals, birds and prehistoric monsters. Very tasteful. Wonderful array of flower beds Roses, Lillies, verbena?. The restaurant/bar is clean and tidy has tasteful décor and a simple menu. You can eat outside under the water misted Pergola, festooned with grapevines. A beautiful view of the mountains and golf course ponds. Let's get down to the eats. A simple menu divided into easy to choose sections. I had the special all-you-can-eat pasta. Which came with a Caesar salad, Creamy fettuccini with cheese sauce and parmesan with a small piece of Garlic bread. I didn't need to refill, there was so much. My partner had Fish and Chips. Haddock in tempura and fresh French fries with made-in-house Tartar sauce and coleslaw. My salad either had no garlic or had a special tasteless type, anyway I wouldn't call it a real Caesar. Nevertheless, the Pasta was perfectly al dente. They did offer dessert, but we ate too much. All in all, a pleasant dining experience, pleasant wait staff and, O yes, a wonderfully hoppy, local beer to wash it all down.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

My pulled pork special was tasty. My wife's salad was minuscule. Service was friendly but slow. For an iced tea and beer, a sandwich and half salad the bill came to $33 before tip.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Visited this restaurant with 5 friends for dinner. It is late in the season so we sat inside. There was the end of season ladies golf club dinner in full swing so was not the best night to visit as it was pretty noisy and surroundings were pretty basic. We all had the fish and chips and really enjoyed our waitress who is from Quebec and is a lovely lady. She and one other appeared to be the only ones working and were run off their feet. Our hostess did a superb job trying to look after us. I am sure she will sleep well tonight as she will be exhausted. Some wine and a beer plus the fish and chips all around came to over $200 with tip. Only disappointment for an otherwise enjoyable evening was the $1.00 charge for extra tarter sause; perhaps two tablespoons full. I mentioned to the Manager that I thought that was a little cheap. Her comment was that it was the cook who insisted on the charge. If this is such a big revenue earner for them, he should note it on the menu. Next he will want to charge for an extra glass of water! At least they did not do that.

Holly N, Manager at Fescues Restaurant at Big Sky Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Hi Ed G M,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner. We hope the fun atmosphere brought some excitement to the evening.

We appreciate you voicing your concern. The reason we charge an extra $1 for our tartar sauce, alike many Canadian restaurants, is that we make it from scratch, using only the freshest of ingredients. This then costs us a lot more to do so than buying a manufactured product. We stand by only the most wholesome, fresh ingredients in our menu items, and for this some extra costs are involved. The fish and chips come with 1 side of tartar sauce, and if more are requested we are happy to fulfill this for a small charge of $1. We hope that this explains things with a bit more clarity for you.
If you wish to speak to our General Manager, Woody Bishop, he would be happy to do so.
Big Sky Team