“Clam chowder”

Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Ucluelet
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Description: Open Early April through Late September (with occasional functions)--Seafood and BBQ, We are literally floating on the Ocean. Enjoy the view from the best patio on the Coast. We are known for classic winning foods with our handmade twist. We try and stay as local as possible. We only carry BC handcrafted Beer and BC Wines. See you soon !
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After a great whale watching trip, we were cold and damp. A bowl of the recommended clam chowder really hit the spot. it was chunky and robust without being too fishy. Very enjoyable. Odd that all inside tables have no view onto the harbour.

udo l, Owner at FloatHouse Patio & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Carol !!
I'm very happy you enjoyed our award winning chowder ! The Floathouse is very proud of winning the Peoples Choice award for the second year in a row in Ucluelets annual Chowder Chow down event ! As for views of the harbour , this building was originally a floating residence that over the years turned into a floating restaurant !!

Hope your visit to the west coast was awesome !

Cheers !!

Udo

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am a life long local and a group of us were going out for dinner and drinks for my birthday. The FloatHouse had just opened for the season so that was my first choice of restaurants. They do not take reservations but were nice enough to hold a table for 12 if we were there right at 6 which we were. When we got there, there was 2 tables of 4 waiting for us inside. Seeing as there were going to be a lot more people and the outside patio only had one table being used, we asked if we could move out there. We were met with major hostility from the owner, but outside we went and joined 2 tables together. While we were getting settled and trying to seat everyone, the owner of the restaurant was very openly angry and rude to us, so much so that my friend asked him if he would like us to leave because we could go to a different restaurant. His attitude changed after this (or maybe it was because all of our husbands showed up) and we decided to stay. Very thankful we did.
Now for the good part
Our waitress was super friendly and amazing at handling our large group. drinks were ordered and came out quickly and correct. Everyone ordered appies and entree's and our waitress had no problem with splitting all of our bills up for us and again. it was all correct. She did have to come back to the table to inform a few of us that they had run out of some menu items. This didn't affect me as they had both items I had ordered and the others quickly ordered something else and were fine. The food was delicious. It came out in a timely fashion and was hot and tasty. I would definitely recommend the warm goat cheese salad. It was SO good. I could have eaten 5 more of those warm goat cheese balls!! The calamari was also very good. Not overly expensive for what we received and the blankets offered for when the sun goes down and it gets a little chilly is a great touch.

Now because of all this, I can overlook the beginning of our evening. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and I will be back many times over the summer. Where else can you sit ON the water looking at all the boats in the boat basin and watch the fishermen come in with their catch. Can't beat it :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped in hoping to get a bowl of clam chowder and told waitress that I was comparing theirs to my wife's clam chowder , which makes the best I have every tasted. Float House came out with a bowl of seafood chowder and it was so good. Really hard to beat and couldn't even find this anywhere in Eastern WA where I live. I told the waitress that my wife's clam chowder was as good as theirs and maybe better, but it was like comparing apples to oranges ( seafood vs clam) . She pointed to 2017 Throphy " Best Chowder 2017" Ended up talking to the owner and chef and had a lot of fun. Great place, great location right in the marina a, great chowder and great people. Can't go wrong.

udo l, Owner at FloatHouse Patio & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Rod !! Thank you for a Great review !! I enjoyed our banter about chowders ! some day I would love to try your wifes chowder , by your description , it sounds very tasty!! once again thank you !!

hope you and your wife had a Fantastic visit to the west coast !!

Cheers !!
Udo

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Great food, great service, Blackrock rooms have something to be desired. Rooms should be priced about $80 max.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Hardly a full range restaurant, more a fish and chip outlet with tables. However location is great on a sunny day, fish and chips are great, and the beer is cold.