“Seemed to be poorly managed.”
Review of Nugget City

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watson Lake
Nugget City
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Coming down the alaska highway we saw this place, but decided to go into Watson Lake to see the camping choices. Having been on the road and very tired, we decided to come back to this place. It took awhile to get someone to help us, I had to go into the restaurant and he radioed someone to help me. It was really hot and dusty that day. We were dry camping. My wife was dealing with a fractured foot. The first site he gave us was about 100 yards from the bathroom. We realized this wouldn't work for us. We went back and asked the guy if we could camp in tent site and he said yes. There weren't too many rv's there anyway and no tenters. The bathrooms were clean but this is where they need to fix their attitude for a more customer friendly atmosphere. 1. You can't drop off your trash in their bins, only recycled stuff. They explained to go back on the highway and drop it off. 2. you have to pay $10.00 for wifi and only from 3-10 pm. 3. If you get caught using your cell phone, you will be asked to leave. The sign says you can drive up the highway for a mile and use your cell phone. They need to get into the 21st century realizing that almost all rv parks have these items for free, it's just factored into the cost of your stay. Give me a break. I wish we would have stayed in the dusty rv park in Watson Lake. We would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Best to drive onto Watson Lake to camp.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John S

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Small short uneven campsites. Road is terrible going into the sites as well. WiFi is non-existant. Very small bathroom 1 for men and 1 for women. This is definitely a one-night stay campsite. The staff is really nice, though and it is a pet-friendly place. The only thing it really had going for it was that it wasn't right on the highway, so there wasn't a lot of road noise.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank Vikki M
Reviewed 6 June 2017

While bicycling through the Yukon early in the season they went above and beyond to help me out. They were friendly, took time to answer my questions...and have great French fries! I will stop again.

Tim "Montana"

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank trp211
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Scott and Linda, thank you for the wonderful help you were when we had stopped for ice cream and I forgot my wallet there. Your help getting it back to me was a big peace of mind. And the ice cream was GREAT!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

So disappointed in this place. Next time I will drive right on past. Sorry folks, huge fail. Decrease your prices, your places are not that fabulous. We've stayed in way nicer places for way less with superb service. Would not recommend but there's not a lot to choose from for weary travelers.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank Kim C

Been to Nugget City? Share your experiences!