Deer Island Inn(Deer Island)
US$72
US$113
US$110
US$66
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

US$112
All reviewsfire pitmy husband and itent campingone nightporpoiseswaterwildernesscampobelloshoreareasprivacyviewsferry
Reviewed 9 August 2017

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend tent camping, we were fortunate to get a wilderness site (#5). The spot for our tent was perfect, perched up on a little hill and table and fire pit over looking the rocky coast. We saw sun, fog and rain all of which are to be expected on the Fundy coast along with porpoise and seals! The staff were friendly, helpful and relaxed, plenty of hot water for showers and clean camping areas. The ferry is super convenient to Deer Island (free) and Campobello ($24 one way). We took our bikes on the ferry to Campobello ($5) and explored the carriage trails by Roosevelt cottage. Deer island is a place to come to relax and leave high expectations behind. If you want a quite, remote, beautiful place to explore this is the place for you!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for one night and had a spot for our tent on the west side that allowed us to watch a beautiful sunset. We had a fire pit right on the edge of the rocky shore with the water - at high tide - only 20ft away. As we enjoyed our dinner, 4 porpoises swam by. Clean facilities and coffee in the morning available. One of the most scenic campgrounds on the East Coast (US or Canada).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped while waiting for the ferry and were charmed by the location. The view was obstructed that day due to fog but it was a quiet location with a playground and bathroom facilities. Great for those who want a spot to get away from the hustle & bustle of daily life

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2016

This campground is located right on the water. The view is gorgeous. Look for the seals! It is all open with no privacy. If you need a level spot, you are out of luck. No site is even close to level. The slope down to the water is horrendous. Sites have power, but no water. Fill with water at the registration area.

Registration. There were young people (high school age) manning the office. We were told to find a spot and return. I was given no map and was just told to find an empty spot and take it. Upon return, there was a young man who had to stop his game of pool to help me. I had a question about the site we selected, whether it was ok to park across two spots. He had no campground map to work with and said not to worry. He calculated my fee, took my money, cash only, and said I was all set. Where's my paperwork? None! Wow! That's a first.

The restroom - I only went in the women's: FILTHY. The sign said when it was closed each day for cleaning. No way had it been cleaned in ages. There were two toilet stalls. One was closed for repair. The floor was dirty, dirty, dirty. No way would I take a shower there.

The campground itself is litter free. However, from the ferry site, it is only a few feet to the campground office. The road has huge holes. There is trash along the road to the registration office. Even if it is not part of the campground, you'd think the owners would want the environment near the campground to be clean. Take those kids away from their pool game! Pick up the trash!

The rest of the island is beautiful. The ferry ride was fun. We found a great place for fried clams! Just wanted you to know that this campground is not what everyone says. Yes, the views are spectacular. No, you will not get a level site or have any privacy, or have clean rest rooms.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank molunkusmol
Reviewed 8 July 2016

This is my favourite campground in New Brunswick. It is a peaceful and beautiful spot where you fall asleep to the sounds of the waves hitting the shore and the muted sound of foghorns. The wilderness tent sites are a treasure with an incredible sunset view over the coast of Maine. While I was there I made friends with some very sociable red squirrels and bunnies hopped through my campsite every afternoon. The staff go out of their way to help you out and offer a local perspective and advice to make your stay interesting and fun.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo