All reviewsthe cottagespicnic tablesfull kitchenlong weekendcanadian rockiessmall townprince of wales hotelcabinvacancieslakedeer
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I arrived late but had no problem checking in. My room was fine - not luxurious but clean and well kept. My bed was comfortable as were the pillows. It was difficult to have my window open because my neighbor chose to smoke in front of my room. Luckily there was a fan in the room that helped keep the temperature comfortable.
The wifi was extremely weak, even in the main area - this is due to the location rather than the motel. Wifi in the area isn't that strong.
I received excellent hiking suggestions from the front desk and enjoyed the helpful advice.
The restaurants and shops are all very close and convenient.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Waymarker, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Village, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thank you very much for your review! We are always so happy to hear from our guests. We apologize for the Wifi, the mountains can make getting a good signal difficult sometimes! We hope you come back again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

A visitor may open the windows for the fresh mountain air to cool the room, or turn on the air conditioner. You feel near to the others but private in your room. The fridge in the wee kitchenette is a plus. The beds are comfy. This is a quaint hotel in a western town with magnificent views. If your basic need is a good night's rest, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first level so one need not carry luggage up too many flights.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your review, its such a treat to hear from our guests that enjoy our little mountain hideaway as much as we do. We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Enjoyed that you got to use the pool at the hotel across the street. Good location.

Many maintenance issues with the room : burnt out lights, broken towel rack, etc. Would have preferred if the office was open earlier in the morning. It's time the hotel had some updates and repairs. Internet speed was generally slow.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all comments as they help us to improve. We have passed along all of your concerns to our on-site management team. We do hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We came in Friday to Monday for the long weekend. We had a very nice time with none of the issues mentioned in other posts. We had two newly renovated cabins each had sleeping for six including a separate king bedroom and a nicely finished kitchen with full sized stove and fridge. Outside area is great we used both the picnic tables and the BBQ grills. Kids enjoyed the deer that visited all weekend. Appreciated the off street parking on a busy weekend. Convenient walking distance to main streets and marina.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad we could be a part of your Canada 150 Celebrations and that you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Aspen Village recently while visiting the stunning Waterton Lakes National Park.

The hotel is very basic and needs some refurbishments or updating out of the 1970s.

I stayed for one night on Friday in June 17 and the total price of my stay was roughly £135 (British Sterling) $216 (Canadian Dollars). For that you get a very basic hotel with old and out dated room fittings.

I'm sure the cleaners do a wonderful job however the carpet is that old you'd never get it clean. The surrounding area outside the village also looks very tatty. I stayed at 3 different hotels while in Waterton Park and this was the most expensive and the worst out of all 3.

If you have basic requirements and don't mind being over priced for those requirements then this is the hotel for you.

I can't however fault Waterton National Park, the place is stunning.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo