All reviews the pub butchart gardens jetted tub vancouver island gas fireplace view of the bay small marina third floor room rain shower beautiful resort ferry dock outdoor patio romantic getaway floor to ceiling windows local ferry minute drive downtown victoria
Reviewed 12 January 2013

This was our third, but definitely not last, visit to the resort. We spent 2 nights there just before Christmas and treated our grown "kids" (who were arriving after a very long flight) to the same. Bubbly at check-in and then the most heavenly chocolates in the room were a fantastic way to start. We did request to change rooms because the heater, when running, had a terribly disturbing rattle (and maintenance was not around that day to deal with it). The front desk handled our request very quickly and professionally and we had no further complaints. I was disappointed to see that the 5-candle set no longer exists on the shelf between the tub and the bedroom (apparently a fire hazard). Also, it seems that soom rooms have heated bathroom floors and others don't. Of the 3rd floor rooms that we've stayed in, 304 is my favourite so far, but all of them have been lovely. We don't live too far away and will definitely be back for another delightful getaway. Separate review for the breakfast and dinner under the Seagrille Restaurant page.

Room tip: We've only been on the third floor (303, 304, 305, 306) and liked them all and we like the vaulted ceilings. Would like to at least see some of the more expensive rooms sometime...
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

We're delighted that you felt very much welcomed back. Our complimentary sparkling wine at check-in and our in-suite welcome cookies are nice added touches for all guests who want to enjoy. Our hand made truffles are certainly a treat and can be ordered prior to arrival as an enhancement, along with many other items. I apologize that you had to move suites when visiting but am pleased to be informed that it was dealt with quickly and in a professional manner. The third floor does have beautiful vaulted floor to ceilings windows housing a panoramic view of the Tod Inlet. Thank you for your returned patronage and taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

My husband & I spent a few days on Vancouver Island between Christmas and New Years. Even though we did not sleep at Brentwood Bay Resort, we enjoyed both, a casual lunch at the pub and a more formal 5-course-dinner at the Sea Grille Restaurant. The views of the ocean from anywhere in this hotel are just stunning, no matter what time of day. We experienced exceptional service even though there was some staff shortage due to the horrible flu that is effecting so many in BC this winter. We loved the menu choices and the food was not only delicious, it was beautifully presented and arrived hot, luke warm food being my biggest turn-off in any restaurant.
The highlight of our visit at Brentwood Bay? The massage I treated myself to at the spa. From the beautiful ambiance in the waiting lounge where you are treated to gentle music and any variety of tea you can imagine while admiring the ocean view in your plush bathrobe, to the actual 90(!)-minute massage, pure bliss!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're delighted that you felt wined and dined and at bliss within our Resort. We have quite the array of services within our Essence of Life Spa from day experiences, enhancements, and flash fixes - depending on your personal needs. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 7 January 2013

My wife had to push me to take a weekend getaway (leave the laptop at home, she commanded). Am I ever glad she did. Working in a fast paced, high stress, professional environment, she saw I needed a break. We live in the Lower Mainland of BC, so just getting to Brentwood Bay was enjoyable and relaxing. Once we arrived, any remaining stress completely melted away.

What can I say, the views were fantastic, the food and beverages sumptuous, the staff were on top of their game and the facility offers everything you need for a couple days of kicking back. I found the room and the bed to be really comfortable and we had his and hers massage at the spa. We've decided to make this an annual event. Why am I giving the experience a "very good" rating instead of "excellent"? First off, I'm a tough customer to Wow. Second, we've travelled a lot to Mexico. Although I'd say for value in Canada, Brentwood is great, I can't help comparing the lower prices to what we pay for something similar in Mexico. Maybe it's not a fair comparison, but there it is.

Room tip: Get something with a view of the water. Since you're there, you may as well get the best they offer.
1  Thank Rick J
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

We're pleased to have been chosen for your much needed "break". Getting hear from the Main land is just a ferry ride and 20 minute drive from the Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal, 10 minutes drive from the airport or 20 minutes from downtown Victoria making us quite conveniently accessible by all means. We're delighted to know that we'll be your nearby annual escape. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here over new years in an Oceanview suite. We booked a 3 nights for the price of two package that came with a $100 voucher for the pub or restaurant. Breakfast was also included on two of the three nights.

We found the room to be quite nice and in fact one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in at a resort or hotel. The room was not huge, but nice and cozy with the fireplace and jet tub. The "Oceanview" was not the greatest, seeing as you are looking right at a small ferry dock, but you do get a great view of the Malahat range. Some might even say that the small dock adds to the west coast charm of resort.

The "Inn Vue" television service in the hotel was not very good. After starting up the TV and browsing channels for a few seconds, you are switched back to a hotel menu...which is a bit annoying. Channels are fairly limited and movies are a horrendous $16 to rent!

The jet tub was awesome. A little small for two taller people, but very nice.

The restaurant food was ok, but not the best I have had. The prices were a bit on the high side for the quality of the food, but only by a little in my opinion. The pub and restaurant have a good selection of beers, but I did not sample the wine. Breakfast was pretty awesome I must say! A basket of pastries, a fruit plate and an entree of your choosing. Combine that with a nice cup of coffee from an in room Kuerig coffee maker and the end result is a great breakfast.

The fireplace in the room was quite nice, but I do have a small gripe about that. To turn on the fireplace, you turn a little timer on the wall. That is all well and fine except the timer "clicks" the time away. Some people may not notice this, but I did and it became a bit distracting at times. Keep in mind this is a spa resort...little annoying clicking things should not be here...

The staff at the resort were great. They were very friendly and seemed happy to help.

My only major gripe with the place was the expeience on New Years Eve. My wife an I expected a nice quiet evening in our room to celebrate New Years Eve. We figured that the Brentwood Resort and Spa would be a great place to do this. We were not the happiest of campers when the DJ cranked up the music in the PUB.... The resort is quite small so needless to say we were not that far away from the loud music. All I can say is that I do not think that "Resort and Spa" mix to well with loud music of any kind.

Overall, the resort is quite nice. Based on location, I think that it is a bit overpriced, but I would stay there again; however, if a quiet new years eve is what you are looking for, there may be better options for new years eve.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

We’re delighted that you enjoyed your stay over the holidays. We have recently done a significant upgrade to our in-room entertainment system, which includes state of the art 40” High Definition flat-screen TV’s, Victoria’s only HD Cable and Movie on Demand offering with new release HD movies ranging from just $7.95 to $17.95 plus all the additional free HD cable channels and free wifi. I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by the music from the sold out New Year’s Eve festivities in the Pub, as we usually are a very quiet, peaceful place to visit, perfect for romantic getaways every other night of the year. This is the one event a year that our guest’s typically really look forward to. This year’s 2013 celebration included a 3 course dinner and dancing for all ages with our very own DJ Lucas, lots of fun was had by all! Hopefully you understand that New Years Eve is a special annual celebration for our loyal repeat guests and we thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We had a lovely time at the Brentwood Bay Resort. From the first moment when we were greated at the reception desk with a glass of bubbly, through the 4 days of our stay were were so well treated! The Resort is lovely with great grounds and public areas. We had an amazing room with a provate hot tub on our balcony. The veiw was beautiful and peaceful. We will be back!

Room tip: The third (top floor) one bedroom room has a lovely view!
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2013

We're truly happy in getting feedback that your visit was as pleasant the first day of your stay as your fourth day with us! We do have quite beautiful grounds, with the seasonal herb garden, boardwalk to the Marina, year round outdoor heated pool, and hot tub. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and hope to have you visit soon!