“Worth A Try”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brentwood Drive
Transit: BC Transit Bus Route #75 located directly in front of Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa.
Description: We celebrate, we dazzle, we educate. Since 2004, Brentwood Bay Resort and Spa has had the pleasure of accommodating thousands of guests locally and from all over the world. Set on traditional Saanich territory, The Resort incorporates the natural beauty of its surroundings into our guests' experience. From the architecture, boasting of Douglas Fir and Red Cedar, to our locally-sourced ingredients, The Dining Room is committed to incorporating the culture of the Resort and the soul of the Pacific North West into each dish. We hope to welcome you to the Dining Room and share the experience with you.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

At the price, we were happy with our choice for dinner. Our server was very good and had some useful wine suggestions to accompany our meal. Ambiance was good, as we were overlooking Brentwood Bay.

KatherineMMurphy, Manager at The Dining Room at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Freddie754,

Thank you for the kind works. We look forwards to welcoming you back.

Cheers,
Katherine

Reviewed 4 March 2018

My two sons and I stopped here for lunch while working in the area. We live close by but far enough away that we had never visited the Brentwood Bay Resort. For starters I had an order of Wings and Blue Cheese and man were they great, my sons had the prawn appy and it was also extremely good. I had the very best baron of beef I have ever had, and both my sons enjoyed there lunch as I did. The most important thing this place had along with the excellent food was Natasha our waitress. This girl was right on the money, she wore a great smile, new her menu, polite beyond expectation, and just down right professional and we thought we were being treated as special guest. To the owners and management you have a keeper there and, Natasha we again say thank you so much for being you and treating us so kind. All in all a great lunch, we recommend the Brentwood and will return very soon

Caitlin P, Food and Beverage Leader at The Dining Room at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Naiboia,

Thank you for your feedback! I am delighted to hear about your experience. We are indeed lucky to have Natasha on our team; I will make sure to pass on your kind words.

We look forward to seeing you and your family again!

Warmest Regards,

Caitlin Pierce

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Do yourself a favour and skip this place. Really, really...at least until they fire everyone there and do a rehire from the ground up. It's a shame, especially if you're staying at the hotel as we were, because the hotel itself is quite tastefully done and we enjoyed our time there apart from our experience at the dining room. We had looked forward to having breakfast in there, watching the sea outside.

Unfortunately, I can't say I've ever had as bad of service as we received for our meal. It was hardly existent. The restaurant wasn't even that busy (5 tables maybe between two servers), so we couldn't figure out what took so long for our food to arrive (45 minutes for an omelet), for our plates to be cleared, for a refill on water, for a checkin to be done about how our food was, for our check to come.

We spent about an hour and a half for what was basically food we could have gotten anywhere, for a bit more of the price. If I had to choose between say, a greasy little diner in NYC, and this place, I'd choose the diner anyday. At least it'd be worth the price.

Go elsewhere. You won't regret it.

2  Thank Sam S
Caitlin P, Food and Beverage Leader at The Dining Room at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Noah C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am extremely displeased to hear about your experience. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we can work towards improving both our menu and our service.

Regards,

Caitlin P.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

The three stars are for the quality of our breakfasts. There was great selection on the menu. The service was quite poor (lots of errors on the orders, not all food ordered was delivered, wrong style eggs and toast on multiple orders, errors in billing) so not likely to return here for breakfast again.

1  Thank Twickes

Twickies,

Thank you for your review. I’m so sorry to hear that your breakfast experience was lackluster. I will certainly be speaking to our staff to ensure that our service improves.

Regards,

Caitlin

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Four of us used a Groupon for a three course tasting which provided good value. We've done this before and enjoyed it. This time though we could only get a reservation for 5:00 pm. The soup and salads were good although not spectacular and for main two ordered beef short ribs, and two fish. The fish was fine but a little on the fishy side, the short ribs were a major disappointment. They were dry and largely gristle. Our suspicion is that they were way over cooked – being early, did we get the previous night's leftovers?
Then on to dessert... the tart and the chocolate mousse were the highlight of the meal. All four of use send kudos to the pastry chef. We spoke with friends who were arriving as we left and they reported that their short ribs were wonderful but the tart soggy. It is apparent that timing is something the dining room can work on.
We'll try again in a month or so but will definitely choose a later sitting.

Susan Penumbra,

Many thanks for leaving such constructive feedback. I assure you that our guests are never served leftovers from a previous evening, and that everything is prepared and cooked to order. It sounds like your ribs were overcooked, and for that I am terribly sorry. That being said, you bring up an interesting point about timing in regards to the tart tatin; I will certainly speak to our chef about this, as we constantly receive mixed feedback about it.

I encourage you to reach out to us again following your next visit; your feedback is truly valuable to us! I hope you have a much more enjoyable experience next month.

Warmest Regards,