“Good food, plentiful plates”
Review of Efes BBQ

Efes BBQ
Ranked #102 of 1,227 Restaurants in Bedfordshire
Price range: US$11 - US$68
Reviewed 6 July 2017

My brother recommended this place, and booked a table for 10 of us for his partner's birthday.

We arrived a little early, and were shown to our table.

I'd been warned that they serve big plates, but for some reason, when faced with the menu I forgot this fact, so ordered two starters and a main.

They served warm flat breads and dips - all of which was delicious and washed down with an Efes beer - reminded me of the times I've done the same in Turkey.

Food arrived and was all lush - I had spiced Turkish sausage, and a plate of vine leaves.

My main course was Chicken Saute - which arrived piled high on a plate, along with another plate piled with rice.

Then a bowl of salad arrived. My brother wasn't wrong!

It's not often I don't finish my food, but this was one of those occasions. With hindsight, perhaps ordering a 'meze' amongst friends would be an better way to do it - but whatever you do, you won't be disappointed.

We were then served baklava - which can be a bit hit and miss, but this was a hit.

Reasonable prices to boot - what more can you ask for?

There are newer reviews for Efes BBQ

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I went to Efes on Friday 23/06/17, and I was absolutely blown away by the food, we had the meze to start, and everything was prepared to a very high standard the halloumi was stunning,
We went for the Efes Special for the main, even though once we got through the starter and the complimentary bread we were starting to feel slightly full, The special was huge piled high with meat, and I could quite honestly say it was the best chicken wings I have ever eaten, deliciously moist, great flavours and fall off the bone, we had to box the rest up to take away and It was just as good cold as It was in the restaurant, I will definitely be back and I highly recommend this restaurant, If I could give it ten stars I would,
we went in one of the quieter periods 16:30ish and the staff were very attentive, everything came out very quickly and we were not bothered by the staff unless they could see that we needed another drink or had finished and brought out our bill upon request, along with a complimentary dessert which was also very tasty.

Definitely visit this restaurant. amazing food, huge portion sizes and great value for money.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Nice and clean place with lovely servis, staff were friendly, cook is fresh with a big portions this placa is the best placa around loton

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I made my booking over the phone two days prior, on arrival they claimed they had no booking in my name.
Then after a 20 min wait they offered me a makeshift seat in front of the toilets which meant every time someone visited the toilet I would have to move
The manager had a care free attitude which did not help.
We went to the curry house next door and had a lovely meal with good customer service.
This establishment is very overrated and needs to learn the basics of customer service-I decided to inform all the people that I know of their below standards of customer care.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Second time we have been here. We went for the Efes Special, £29.90 and you get salad, 2 different rices, ribs, lamb, chicken, Adana Kofte, chicken wings. It's not on the online menu. Portion is huge, enough to feed 2 with left overs!!!!
Service is good. It's really busy on weekends so worth reserving a table to avoid disappointment.
Definitely recommend.