“Great as ever”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Birthday treat for daughter. As always excellent food service and ambience. The restaurant is so in keeping with the village and the brand name of Loch Fyne never disappoints. Extra value as I have a Loch Fyne friends card which gives 5% off food. Will always return for nice laid back experiences.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Pre-booked table for 2 at 8pm. On arrival I gave my name and was told by waitress I had already been seated!?.. Showed to table and ordered our meals at 20.10. After enquiring at 20.35 when can we expect our starters of prawns, the manager apologised and said 5 more minutes. At 20.42 we were approached again and told our starters would be here in 2 minutes! I replied, if their not, I will be out that door. At 20.45 starters arrived, very bland and tasteless. For our mains, I ordered the Rib eye steak while my girl friend had Lobster. Before they took the starter plates away I told the manager I hope we don't have to wait as long for our next course!.. At 21.15 main meals arrived, well what a let down!! Steak was grissly and tuff!! I have had better steak from Aldi. As regards the Lobster, it left my girl friend on the toilet all night!!.. This was a birthday treat for my girl friend, which she chose to go to and was looking forward too. We both expected a top meal for the prices they charge but was let down by the whole experience!! I've had better food and service from a burger van by the side of the road! I don't want to hear apologies, I want decent food and service put in front of me which was non-exsistant here!!.The manager did take £20 off the bill...Conclusion - Non returnable - STAY AWAY!!..

3  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Went as group of four, we all had different starters and mains, all were superbly cooked and presented

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Our expectations were relatively high as we had previously had a lovely meal and experience at the loch fyne in St Albans.

As we entered the restaurant we were greeted with a foisty smell, not a seafood smell, just foisty. Our expectations were instantly lowered as a result, plus the place had a general tiredness about it, not dirty but but far from being at its best.

Overall the food was ok but a little bland (6/10), although the service was probably a (4/10).

We could hear the staff members talking about how long they had left of their shift, which really showed how much they wanted to be there!

No one asked us how our meal was and we had to ask for dessert menus 15 minutes after our plates had already been cleared.

Other points:

- No salt on table
- Poor signage for toilets
- Toilets had broken soap pump
- No toilet roll
- Staff didn't smile
- Staff were always looking at their phones

We won't be going back any time soon

4  Thank MC_NC_Gibbs
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Beautiful location....attention to detail is everything. Tatty menus, dirty sticky table. That said ok service, and food nice. Could do with bigger coffee cups. Would go back again.