“Great Italian wine bar”
Review of Veeno Bristol

Veeno Bristol
Ranked #13 of 1,674 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Description: Veeno is an Italian Wine Café based in the UK serving our family produced Sicilian wines & authentic Italian spuntini. All of our wines come from our award-winning family vineyard in Sicily where 3 generations of our family have produced wine. This allows us to ensure the highest quality from the grape to the glass. We source all our cold meat cuts, breads and cheeses from Italy too.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing selection of wines, delicious antipasto platters, friendly service, and tucked away in a quiet area with great river views.

1  Thank Sponge y
VeenoCompany, Owner at Veeno Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Ciao!

Thank you for your great review.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2017

My partner and I enjoyed the Selezione wine tasting experience. Our "guide" was Fergus who knowledgeably provided us with information on the five pairings of wines and spuntini (plus tiramisu and dessert wine at the end). Fergus gave us with just the right amount of attention. The wines were elegant, the sputini fresh and tasty. The pairings were indeed expertly matched. We enjoyed the experience and would definitely recommend it to our friends. For us it was an unusual and enjoyable treat. A visit to a branch of Veeno might, for us, become less unusual in future.

Ciao Dave,

I am happy that your Selezione Wine Tasting was so enjoyable for you and that Fergus looked after you so well. We aim to provide a unique experience at Veeno and kind comments like yours help us to continue in this aim.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

My mum came down to visit me from Staffordshire last week for the first time since I’d move to Bristol to start university. Since it was a Sunday we were limited to places that were open but saw Veeno and thought it looked perfect, even though it was empty. We stayed there for hours, mainly due to having a waitress called Mariangela who couldn’t have looked after us any better, recommending us wines throughout our visit, as well as being lovely and chatty and making our experience even more enjoyable. Excellent wines and service, definitely worth a visit if you’re around in Bristol, I’ll be back very soon!

Ciao Lucy,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. I'm glad that Mariangela made you feel so welcome - she's a real credit to the team here at Veeno and I'll be sure to pass on your compliments!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Book a table for wine tasting with friends on a Friday night. Table was reserved for us and was ready for our arrival. We ordered 'prinks' to start with to get our pallets nicely oiled ready for the wine.

Maks our expert for the evening, introduced himself he was really friendly and knowledgeable. Out came wine and huge food platters, we were advised which meat/bread etc compliments each wine. At the end we all had a fabulous dessert wine with one of the best tiramisus I have ever had.

All in all a great night, good wine and food. Maks was brilliant and I'll definitely be back to try more wine!!

1  Thank Katie110
VeenoCompany, Owner at Veeno Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Ciao,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and share this review. We really appreciate all of the feedback that we receive.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed our authentic Italian food and wine as well as our team who we truly believe are such assets to us all at Veeno, I am sure Maks will be thrilled to get a special mention. We pride ourselves on providing and sharing only the best quality produce, all of the wine comes from my family vineyard in Marsala (Sicily) and all of our appetisers are imported from strictly selected Italian producers. I’m glad that this shows and thank you again for your kind review.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. I have been with family, friends and work colleagues and every time has been an absolute joy. The staff are INCREDIBLE - they go out of their way to make you feel welcome and to look after you the moment you step in the door. One of the wine experts, Maks, is worthy of special mention. Not only is he EXTREMELY charming, and very attentive, his knowledge about wine is hugely impressive - his every recommendation is a winner! And also try the food - the meat/cheese platters are exquisite!! This place is FAVOLOSO and I give it 10 out of 10 everytime!!

Ciao!

I am absolutely thrilled to hear that you are something of a Veeno regular and that our team consistently look after you so well. Maks is a true credit to the Veeno family and your comments will be gratefully received. It is always wonderful to read such lovely comments and I am pleased that you have had such positive experiences with us.

Thank you very much for reviewing your times at Veeno, we look forward to welcoming you again very soon

Grazie mille!