“Anniversary dinner”

Price range: US$27 - US$86
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on the top floor of Bristol’s boutique store, with commanding views of Quakers Friars, Harvey Nichols Second Floor Restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy a delicious breakfast, light lunch, indulgent afternoon tea or sumptuous dinner. Boasting the very best in modern cooking, the freshest seasonal and local ingredients are used to offer a range of inspiring dishes – along with an extensive wine list to match. With a seated capacity of up to 12, The Second Floor Private Dining Room is perfect for intimate breakfasts, lunches, dinners and celebrations. Wine Masterclasses and private hire are also available. The Second Floor Bar, with its chic silver ceiling and long marbled bar, offers an elegant yet relaxed space and seasonally changing drinks list. Enjoy a unique selection of wines, Champagnes and mouth-watering cocktails designed by the Harvey Nichols Bar team along with a tempting bar menu.
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

Been dining here a few times and It always delivers, great service , Emily has been great, really cant fault the service.
The food was just amazing and the complimentary petit fours for our anniversary were a lovely touch!
Highly recommended.

1  Thank Giorgioenna

Reviewed 11 March 2016

Visited recently for daughters birthday - booked table online - first class service - emailed to ask if they would put something fizzy on ice - answered immediately with choice & prices - excellent service.

Superb Menu, comfortable surroundings, Fabulous Staff - WHY IS IT ALWAYS SO QUIET THERE???

Prices are fairly reasonable - food is fantastic (little disappointed that they couldn't rustle-up a Peppercorn Sauce for a Steak - but hey ho - the Waiter did ask but ingredients were not available).

Treat yourself to lunch & enjoy sparkling tableware, fine wine & delightful service

Harvey Nicks xx

Reviewed 27 February 2016

Having eaten here a number of times over the years, the last few times I have left feeling disappointed. I sense something has changed and unfortunately they have have lost their mojo.

The food is still far too salty, you'll be drinking water like it's going out of fashion for hours afterwards, and the service is not what it should be. Our most recent visit was an example of things which could (and should) be done well but weren't:

We asked if they could do a simple chicken and chips for a child (always been possible previously for around £10) which they agreed to, but failed to tell us they would charge £24 for it, ie the same as the a la carte dish, but with none of the additional things. When the bill came and we queried it the young waiter just shrugged his shoulders. Upon pressing the matter he got someone more senior to come over, who took £4 off and claimed it was because they only had one button to press to order chicken with the kitchen! Why not tell us you can do child version but will charge full price, we would have chosen something else!

In total, on that occasion we had 2x2 courses with single glass of wine each, 1 child main plus dessert and 1x1 course for £160. An average of £40 a head means I expect much better than we received, sadly not the usual value for money at all.

Two other things confirm what is wrong here: as we left the young lady on the cloakroom asked me if everything was OK, and I told her politely that it had not and listed the reasons why. She said she was very sorry to hear that, but maybe they'd given my youngest a bigger portion? The answer was definitely not, my other daughter's was the same size. She then asked if she could have our details and get the manager to give us a call, to this day no call so perhaps the manager simply doesn't care?

Second, and finally, in January we phoned to book lunch for a joint 18/21 birthday in March as a) the website was not offering any availability at all for literally all of March and b) we wanted to ask for some specific things. The booking was accepted, with a giggle from the person to agree they have been having problems with their website. 10 days ago however we received a very embarrassed call to say in fact the restaurant would be closed as it's Easter Sunday - why take the booking in the first place!?!

Come on HN, you can do better than this.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Along with a few friends we visited the bar last night. We all had a cocktail & they were lovely. All in all a nice pre dinner experience with polite, attentive staff.

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Came here last night for dinner with my beautiful girlfriend and her brother for the £20 prix fixe deal (3 course menu). Atmosphere and decor were nice, how ever they seated us on a table in bandit country with only a wall to look at, we had booked around 6 weeks in advance as well!
After asking, we were moved to a much better table, I don't get why we weren't there in the first place?
Starters arrived in good time and we're delicious, then mains arrived in good time also (forgetting my girlfriends side order of some veg), however, I've eaten heftier portions before, in fact all the portions of food I've eaten before my visit were bigger!
Deserts were similar, tasty but way to small.
I understand it is a 'cheaper' deal offered by the restaurant, however it was way to small. I also understand this is not a place serving up large portions of grub for anyone and everyone, but it was still to small for my liking.
Not sure I will be returning.