1,945 results
All reviews the executive lounge cabot circus city centre castle park small balcony terrace bar bristol marriott leisure facilities air con ncp car park next door two double beds steam room public areas enjoyable stay sunday morning stayed here for one night weekend break
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter and grandson as a birthday treat. We were greeted at the door and my grandson was delighted with his gift of popcorn as we checked in. My daughter was asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and when she said it was my birthday, we were given a room on the 6th floor with a balcony overlooking the park. Our room was very comfortable and spacious with high quality toiletries and snacks. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast and, afterwards, spent time playing games on the terrace and had a swim in the pool before going into the city. Everyone was very friendly and went out of their way to ensure that our stay was very special and I would would heartily recommend this as a good place to stay in Bristol as it is just a few minutes’ walk through the park into the centre.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Paige F, Front Office Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay here at the Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to strive to deliver exceptional service.

We very much hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon, and if I can ever be of any assistance with future arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We were greeted in an immaculately clean foyer by a member of staff with free pop corn.

We were then directed up the stairs to the Statue, where there was colouring laid on, which was a perfect opportunity for a grown up rest with a decent cappuccino.

I love the way you have embraced the tour and welcomed people in.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to the hotel.

We are definitely proud to have our very our Feathers in our hotel, and we are pleased that you enjoyed the pit stop on the trail around Bristol.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, whether it is for a overnight stay or just a coffee in our bar area.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel is a standard city centre hotel. Rooms are very uncluttered to the degree there isn't enough storage. Who thought it a good idea to take out trouser press in a business hotel? The rooms are £130 So should be furnished properly.
Do not come here with a car. There is nowhere to stop out the front and they want to charge you £25.00 to park if you leave it out the back. The surrounding street are it's one way and no entry so a missed turn means another 10 mins trying to find your way back.
Either find a nice hotel outside and use public transport or somewhere cheaper inside the City.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Paige F, Front Office Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear BurgessWestSussex,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Bristol Marriott City Centre.

I am sorry to read you could not find the trouser press in your room (it is located in the wardrobe) but I can confirm we do have in each of our rooms and also iron boards in order to suit our guests' needs.

In relation to car parking, the prices are dictated to us by the NCP and as much as we try to offer our guests a discounted parking rate, we are unable to control the prices. We do offer a discounted rate of £17.00 per night in the NCP and the use of our staff car park for bigger cars is the equal amount. We also have a unloading area at the front of the building - I am sorry this was not communicated to you.

We hope we have the opportunity to better your experience with us if your travels bring you back to Bristol.

Best regards,

Sophie

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Had a fantastic Friday/Saturday night stay to celebrate my birthday. Fantastic meal on the roof terrace on Friday. There was a private function booked for the terrace on Saturday night but as we had access to the Executive Lounge we had a front side seat to all the ongoing celebrations. Staff were outstanding an very helpful. Hotel is a short walk from the shops and a pleasant walk across the park from the river. Will certainly visit again

Date of stay: June 2018
Paige F, Front Office Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at our hotel.
I am so pleased to read that you had a wonderful time celebrating your birthday, and that you received outstanding service from our staff.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and please do not hesitate to contact myself directly if you have any future queries.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Stayed two nights here, dining in one night on mediocre formula food from uninspiring menu.

Suite spacious but plain. Lovely views over the City, though. Staff very helpful when wife had awful sudden stomach upset during night, cleaned and changed the bed for us, and guided me find a chemist in the morning. Unfortunately the area is all pedestrian precincts and my mobility was then limited, so unable to get taxi and struggled around to get her sorted out. Apparently hotels are not even allowed to hold a stock of stomach pills these days! She ate nothng the rest of the stay and missed the event we had travelled down for. Don't blame the hotel food, we don't know what caused it.

I had two breakfasts in the executive lounge, but pretty poor quality and range. Had problems getting service the Saturday night in there when I just needed a snack after my function at Clifton College. They need to change their taxi providers as well, as I had problems when I needed one for the College, and on the Sunday one for the Station, where the ones they use didn't turn up......

It may be convenient, but its a typical chain hotel.run by accountants where the bottom line means more than the guest's satisfaction. Not the staff's fault.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jj-the-jetsetter
Paige F, Front Office Manager at Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear jj-the-jetsetter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Bristol Marriott City Centre.

I am sorry to read your wife was unwell when you stayed with us and hope she feels better now. For health and safety reasons we are not allowed to keep medicines here on site but as you mentioned, we were more than happy to help you find some.

I have shared your feedback to our senior management team so we can investigate the different challenges listed on your review - I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience.

I hope we can welcome you back with us soon whenever your travels bring you back to Bristol and better your experience with us.

Best regards,