US$74
US$77
US$60
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

US$88
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Mercure Bristol Brigstow Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$72
Book now, pay at stay
US$50
US$29
  • Bar/Lounge
Glanville Guest House(Bristol)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
1,375 results
All reviewsroll top bathmonsoon showersugar houseveuve clicquotfree standing bathwalk in showerhuge showerlovely hotelstandard roomlimited parkingsunday nightbirthday treateggs benedictcoffee machinemini barlarge roomcolston hall
Reviewed 24 March 2016

My surprise birthday was marred at the beginning, we arrived at the Bar we all took our seats and ordered our drinks, well after an eternity and 3 complaints from 3 different members of my party, we did get the drinks. We then went to a private dinning room upstairs, where we ate an excellent meal, served by a very helpful chap. The organisation of this party was arranged by my daughter with an helpful member of the staff.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

A good location for central Bristol, I'm not sure I'd stay for pleasure though.The staff weren't very helpful
regarding the lack of parking and offered no help
with our luggage. The building is interesting, we paid for an upgrade but sadly ended up in a badly lit room with little natural light which felt quite clostrophobic. The breakfast menu was interesting I chose the healthy breakfast,disappointingly the carrot & Ginger sausage hadn't been warmed properly, I suspect it had been frozen.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2016

I hosted a dinner party for a large group of friends, i hired the Janneau Bar and Christie's Library for the evening. This space is ideal for a dinner party, it has a great atmosphere, its large but still warm and intimate, it's also great that there are two separate areas to the space.
The events manager couldn't have been more helpful with creating the perfect evening for us, the bar staff and waiters were very attentive and such lovely guys, they worked so hard to make everything seamless.
On our request the bar manager created a bespoke cocktail for us which we had as an aperitif in the Janneau bar, it was an extra thing for them to do but they really enjoyed coming up with a cocktail to fit the theme and it was a great and delicious personal touch.
The food was absolutely delicious, all my guests said how lovely it was.
I will without a doubt return if I am hosting a dinner in Bristol again, I couldn't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely afternoon tea at hotel du vin Bristol. Although there are cheaper options for afternoon tea you do get your money's worth -unlimited teas of different flavours and sandwiches, mini quiche, pork slice 3 different cakes, plus scone jam and cream and the wonderful strawberry champagne jelly that when we mentioned we like so much they brought us extra complimentary!

I found the staff very attentive and friendly, we met most of them as they were on a shift change in the bistro. Atmosphere and ambience was lovely. A very interesting place to visit due to its history and restored beautifully.

I'd like to thank our servers Sean, Laura and supervisor Daniel who clearly cared about his staff making sure they do a great job.

We will be definitely visiting again as I found the menu for brunch and breakfast really enticing and competitively priced so looking forward to trying it!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Grant C, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Dear rachel1cook,

Thank you for your recent review, I'm pleased that you had an enjoyable afternoon at Hotel du Vin Bristol and that my team looked after you.

Our Sunday Brunches are very popular and recently received a mention in Crumbs Magazine so it's always worth booking in advance.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin Bristol soon.

Kind regards

Grant

Reviewed 20 March 2016

We've stayed here, eaten in the restaurant, enjoyed cocktails in the bar before & it's been excellent but... Friday lunchtime, the restaurant was practically empty & the food was, at best, mediocre... Why?
The pissaladiere was akin to thick crust, low budget, flaccid, supermarket pizza... Too few anchovies & olives to make it tasty & it totally lacked the thin base it's famous for. Similarly, the tomato & onion salad was budget, watery tomatoes, lacking in flavor or texture, very disappointing.
At times, the restaurant was awash with staff intruding in our conversations, pouring excessive quantities of wine & hovering unnecessarily. Cocktails were shockingly priced at £9.50; 500 ml carafe of Cotes du Rhones was £18.50- definitely overpriced. They did, however, produce a chocolate laced plate saying, happy birthday, with 3 bites of cake (there were 4 of us eating)- this was a nice touch & my 93 year old father-in-law appreciated the gesture.
Hotel du Vin has been exquisite in the past, perhaps Friday was an anomaly...

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Dear SueFry,

Thank you for writing feedback on your recent experience here at hotel du Vin Bristol.

I'm deeply concerned by the shortfalls in quality of food and service and I was wonder whether we speak directly so I can remedy the problem?

I can be contacted directly at the Hotel on 01179255577 alternatively by email grant.callaghan@hotelduvin.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards