“Outstanding Food, Exemplary Service - we were “ Curried Away” ”
Review of Urban Tandoor

Urban Tandoor
Ranked #13 of 1,735 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$21 - US$28
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Bristol's best Indian restaurant. We are the pioneers of Indian food in Bristol. We offer enjoyable, memorable dining experiences - delicious Indian cuisines, exciting interiors & stylish hospitality. Unusually, we offer genuine Indian food from the true sources - the gourmet homes & street stalls across India's regions - prepared by skilled chefs from those regions. Come for genuine delicious Indian food. Our food is totally different from local curry houses. Do not expect curry house food.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As fans of Indian cuisine we thought we would test Urban Tandoor’s claim to be the best Indian restaurant in Bristol.

We were not disappointed, in fact we thought it was one of the best Indian meals we have ever eaten.

This popular little restaurant is a real find.

From the moment the Poppodums reached our table, accompanied by a delicious range of pickles and chutneys we knew we were in for a real treat.

The tandoori meats were succulent and tender. Touches like the accompanying beetroot purée showed a real sophistication and appreciation of flavour.

The Goan Fish Curry and special Lamb Shank ( Safroni Nihari Gosht) were stand out dishes and highly recommended.
We could not fault any of the food.

The care, attention to detail and passion for great Indian food not only emanates from the kitchen but also in the way it is served. The service was outstanding.

Highly recommended.

4  Thank Danielle A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

outstanding food and attentive staff. just what bristol needed! we went at 5 in the evening to avoid the rush.

3  Thank sarah b
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this place on a Saturday evening after reading the great reviews on trip advisor and have to say that I was little disappointed with the food overall. I had lamb chops to start which were good but only got two small chops with very little meat and my partner had calamari which she said was ok. To follow I had the lamb shank and she had king prawn special which again were just ok. The lamb was quite tough and chewing, not melt in the mouth as I was expecting and the accompanying sauce was nice but nothing special and my partner said her king prawn dish was ok. I have to say that the service was excellent throughout and it is a nice place to visit. We went with very high expectation and perhaps they were too high which is why we thought the food was just ok.

2  Thank Shaun W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Urban tandoor jut gets better and better. Amazing visit with incredible food and such attentive staff. They truly go above and beyond. It really is Bristol’s own little gem. Keep up the good work! See you again very soon :)

4  Thank sarah p
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived about 5.45 for an early dinner and by 6.30 the restaurant was nearly full. Our onion and spinach bhaji starter was very good and came with an excellent tamarind dip; the other starter, chilli paneer was also excellent, and certainly lived up to its name. My vegetable biryiani was a bit disappointing - there was a quite small bowl of vegetable curry, not particularly flavoursome, and a very large portion of rice and vegetables, which meant I ran out of curry half way through the main course even though I ate it sparingly. That would be my only criticism however; my mango lassi was lovely, and the staff were friendly and chatty. We would definitely go again.

3  Thank GaryW14