“Smashed the smashed avocado and streaky bacon on sourdough!”
Review of Mockingbird

Mockingbird
Ranked #200 of 1,812 Restaurants in Bristol
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bristol's breakfast through lunch cafe with a flavour of the US South. Serving American breakfast classics (Biscuits & gravy), brunch dishes (smashed avocado, cured Salmon and scrambled eggs), big hitting sandwiche specials (roast beef Po' Boys, pulled pork, grilled cheese), and hot dishes (sweet potato hash, soups and stews). Washed down with great Extract coffee and a range of Canton tea. We offer up something a bit different to the UK, with tried and tested US flavour combo's. Please note that the kitchen closes an hour before the cafe closing time each day As we are a small cafe, trying to make everything in house and fresh, we will occasionally run out of popular dishes when busy. Get in early, especially at the weekends, to avoid disappointment!
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Popped in for Saturday morning breakfast treat. Welcoming bright and cheery with equally friendly staff to match. Chose smashed avocado on sourdough which came with a beautiful beetroot and goats cheese accompaniment. I added a side of streaky bacon - tastiest breakfast I've had in a long time.

Lovely open kitchen and knowledgeable staff - happy to see small independent business thriving among so many "chains" in the area.

Mockingbird C, Owner at Mockingbird, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Much appreciated
See you again soon :)

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Small but well thought-out and imaginative menu. Charming place, much like the road itself. They know their coffee, which even in this day and age of coffee appreciation isn't always the case.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We arrived with the initial intent of simply working in a café. We started with a pot of tea and a latté, the former which was lovely, the latter which my boyfriend said tasted strange ... there was something sour about it. We eventually got some lunch - a bacon and tomato sandwich each, and were really impressed.

Initially I though a fiver would be too much for a sandwich, but the size was appreciated, and they included coleslaw on the side. Being Canadian, I've had my fair share of coleslaw -- while it was a good take on it, it was incredibly over-seasoned but the sandwich itself was memorable. The tomato jam was really tasty and worked well with the bacon. Definitely appreciated for a lunch trip out.

I would indeed come back for another meal - the patrons around us seem to be coming specifically for the menu, always a good sign.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

I had the sweet potato hash with baked egg and goats cheese/avocado on the side. My brother had the breakfast biscuit with sausage.

Such an unusual breakfast but I have been raving about it since wish I had the recipe. Visiting my brother who lives in the next street. Will return next time we are down from Scotland.

Oh and best coffee I have ever tasted ❤️

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Seriously good decaf flat white , chilled funk and delicious moist coconut and pineapple cake - we'll be back!