“high class food and excellent service”
Review of Adelina Yard

Adelina Yard
Ranked #12 of 1,680 Restaurants in Bristol
Reviewed 21 October 2017

our first visit here; it was a special occasion (wedding anniversary). We were very impressed by both the quality of the dishes and the presentation. Service was attentive but unobtrusive.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

What a happy find this was. Smallish (about 30 covers), this glass-walled restaurant by the waterside offers distinguished food in laid-back surroundings. It's a good sign when the chefs greet you as you pass the small , open kitchen, and very welcome when they also present the fruits of their labours. We opted for the excellent value 3-course lunch and enjoyed every bit of it. Bresaola with lovage pesto and mustard seeds got us off to a flying start and the main course of confit of pork shoulder with delicious dauphinoise turnips and a rich jus was to die for . Three well-kept cheeses with pear chutney and gorgeous little oatmeal biscuits completed the meal. The wine list quickly gets expensive but we were very happy with the entry-price Italian red which we chose.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

After all the hype, went along for lunch with great expectations. Interior is pleasant, srvice was good but the food disappointing...two people noted undercooked/tough meat.
Havent tried the tasting menu, and will do, but this was a disappointment.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

After seeing various good reviews for this restaurant my husband and I thought we would give it a try for our anniversary meal. We got there at 12.30 for lunch and we were the only people there, for a while, so we were well looked after. We decided on the set lunch menu and were not disappointed. We were given a little pre-starter which was very tasty. I had pumpkin soup as my starter and it was delicious but sadly was served in a cold bowl, so the soup cooled too quickly.
My main course was wild mushroom risotto and was so tasty, while my husband had a pork dish which he thoroughly enjoyed. I was slightly disappointed that the sweet was an apple crumble as having so many apples at home I have been making this often myself. Nevertheless it was enjoyable as it wasn’t cooked the traditional way.
We will definitively be returning to try some more dishes as we loved the combination of flavours included in them and the way the chef came to explain the meal to us.
One minor observation.....please straighten the paintings on the walls!!!!

2  Thank Sheils48
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I visited Adelina Yard with the wife and unsurprisingly it was just as amazing as the first time we visited. The food and wine were spectacular and the staff were great. I really do love this restaurant. Thanks Adelina Yard for another great evening!