“Wonderful Easter Dinner”
Review of Spindle and Thread

Spindle and Thread
Ranked #109 of 246 Restaurants in High Wycombe
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We visited this pub/restaurant on Easter Sunday at around 8pm, and were treated to an excellent meal accompanied with outstanding service. The staff were friendly and helpful from the start, showing us to our table and explaining the ordering process (ordering the food at the bar), and did so with a smile on their face.

The place itself was incredibly aesthetic, having opened only 6 months ago it is of course fairly new, but it had a really sophisticated and friendly decor, that achieved a successful blend of a pub/restaurant atmosphere.

Before we ordered the food, we both grabbed a glass of Pepsi. I would like to mention that due to the recent sugar tax no doubt, I'm fairly sure it was Diet Pepsi/Pepsi Max, but obviously not the pub's fault.

My girlfriend is a vegetarian, and as such we are always sceptical of eating at new places because not everywhere is vegetarian friendly. However, the choice of dishes for vegans/vegetarians alike was substantial, with different types of dishes to please all types of dietary preferences. She decided to order the 'Veg Yorkie Pud Wrap', and I myself went for the 'Carnivore Burger'. We didn't have to wait long for the food (approx. 15 mins), and it was excellently presented. The portion sizes were great, enough to fill anyone up, and the food was cooked to perfection. The meat was juicy and thick, and the accompanying gravy helped to ease any concerns of dryness. The chips were great, crispy and golden; the only concern we would have is that not enough gravy was provided, but other than that we can't fault it, the food was tasty and brilliant!

For dessert we ordered a 'Chocolate Brownie Sundae', which was a perfect way to round off the evening. This was also very nice, and the ice cream was fresh and yummy; we shared this between us because we were quite full after the main, but this could definitely be eaten by one person.

Overall we had a great evening and meal at the Spindle and Thread, and we would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody. Thank you to the staff who made our night so good, and the chefs who provided us with such excellent food. I'm sure the place will become a staple in Wycombe in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This is the second time I've visited and it was the second time I've been disappointed. We popped in for a light Saturday lunch. Two of us ordered fish finger sandwiches. They come with a side of chips (or salad if you prefer) but I was astounded to receive two slices of white bloomer bread with three fish fingers (and the side of chips); no butter, no marg, no tartare, no mayonnaise, no salad garnish, not even ketchup - two pieces of dry bread and three fish fingers. Taking the pee for the price being charged.

This could be a really nice place but seems to be let down by the quality and presentation of its food. On a more positive note we were served by a really lovely waitress, Shaye. She was really lovely and very on the ball, made the visit a more pleasant experience.

1  Thank Jenny N
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch, staff friendly and helpful. We all had starters which were very nice, could have been slightly more soup but that is personal choice. We all had the carvery which was mostly lovely, Yorkie Puds had been sitting out too long and were hard, good choice of meat and veg.
Reasonable price for the area.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited today and had a really nice carvery actually! We were impressed with the food and the overall place, but then we ordered dessert... after 30 minutes my husband asked where it was and was told they would go and check. No one came to update us, and after a further 15 minutes we decided to leave.
This place is great if you serve yourself (with the carvery) but pretty poor if you need any kind of service or interaction with staff. No-one even cleared our plates in this time!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Very late lunch. Not very busy when we arrived so seated without problem.
4 carvery meals and 4 sandwiches with chips. Waitress let us know in advance of our sandwiches coming out so we could get our carvery meals and all eat together.
Unfortunately, the Yorkshires weren't ready so they were brought to our table freshly cooked - they certainly weren't aunt Bessie's - lovely. Happy to note that the meat wasn't all dried and wizened like you sometimes find at carveries.
8 people fed and watered for about £75. Bargain.