“Bitterly disappointed”

Price range: US$29 - US$39
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Arrived at 4.30 this afternoon to find them still doing a Sunday roast, so ordered 3 pork roasts. Meat so dry, yorkshires large but dry, broccoli tired and old. Carrots OK. I know some of these would have been a lot nicer earlier, but, if you are going to offer it on a menu then the first should be as good as the last. I know this place can do better but sadly not today. Yes we did pass comment as well.

Date of visit: April 2018
BridgeTeam, Manager at The Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Brian R,
Thank you for your feedback.
We are very sorry that on this occasion that we did not meet your expectations on your visit.
I have passed on your feedback to the relevant team so this does not happen in the future.
Once again we are very sorry.

Thanks
Zoe Marshall

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Food good and reasonable choice of dishes. Staff quite efficient and kept us up to date when pretty busy.

Review collected in partnership with Chef & Brewer
BridgeTeam, Manager at The Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear sdb171060,
Thank you so much for great feedback.
Its always nice to hear when guests have had a great visit with us.

Zoe Marshall

Reviewed 22 March 2018

The food is great, and comes quickly after its ordered. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family, and I would definitely come again!

Date of visit: March 2018
BridgeTeam, Manager at The Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Lizzie210708,
What a great review regarding your visit with us.
I have passed this on to the team.
We hope to see you and your friends and family very soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Increasingly, over two decades, I have found The Bridge to provide steady, reliable ambiance and service. Ragged-brained with study, I've enjoyed coffees, lunches, dinners by its terrace on the River Cam and come away sustained and steadied. Wanting somewhere kindly when Carer-duties have been draining, I've come into the orbit of their cheerful menus and staff and been revived. Struggling with food-intolerances, they've usually been able to provide an aspect of menu that's manageable: one only has to ask. I love that they are family-friendly and accessible: it makes for quiet jollity and everyone can feel comfortable. These days, I feel that I can bring a friend for a treat and feel confident that we will have a pleasant time.

Two absolute clinchers: One - The Staff. Rob and Mz L are part of a keen team. Again. Two: The Music. Greene King provide the tracks and I absolutely love what they choose. It changes, it's a touch unusual, even if it's from the Great Songbooks... That music is just as wonderful as the kingfishers one very, very occasionally glimpses, sitting still, on the other side of the eponymous Bridge. And, actually, except on really busy days, it's possible to take time and be leisurely - and welcome.
This comes, then, with gratitude, from a local to a Local...!

1  Thank Angela B

Dear Angela B,
What a fantastic review, thank you so much.
We hold ourselves to the highest standard so its lovely to hear that you had such a wonderful time and enjoyed not only the food but the overall atmosphere as well.
We hope to see you very soon.
Thank you once again for your amazing review.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for Mother's Day, we had three delicious lamb shoulders served by our waitress Amelia, who was very pleasant and helpful. At the end my mum was served a Thornton's "Mum" chocolate, which she thoroughly enjoyed. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: March 2018
BridgeTeam, Manager at The Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear MickFields64,
Thank you so much for the brilliant review.
I have passed on your compliments to Amelia about your fantasic visit and review.