“Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic place! Worth the drive from Barnet! We come here as often as we can as it's one of the best Sunday roasts we've had! Well worth a visit if you're in the area or even if you're Not!!

General Manager A, Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I have passed your kind words onto the team who are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Green Man really soon!

Best Wishes,

Jenny Mitchell

Reviewed 31 March 2018

One must try to be positive. The car park is nice and large. Then the problems started. The service is just too slow. Children ran around screaming - hardly the fault of The Green Man, but the staff could not accommodate our wish to be moved to another table. The food was good and the price reasonable, but what is the point of that if you are going to be filled with negative feelings by the time the food has arrived?

John,

Thank you for taking the time to pop onto Trip Advisor and leave us some feedback about your recent visit.

The Green Man welcomes all types of guests, business folk, couples, girly get togethers and families. We do try to ensure that children are with their parents at all times to ensure that they do not disturb other guests. My team will always try their absolute best to accomodate a change in table but unfortunately due to the turn around times for our bookings this not always the case.

I am glad to hear that apart from that you enjoyed the service and food you received!

Best Wishes,

Jenny Mitchell

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Nice premises, well laid out and the tables not rammed together. The menu looks great on paper, but the food is dull and without much discernible taste. I had one of the burgers: I was not asked how well done I wanted it (I would have asked for medium-rare), and when it came (45 minutes after the starter) it was dry and firm as a roof-tile, with a curly bit of unmelted cheese on it. Avoid this place.

General Manager A, Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Bob

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the layout of our restaurant. We do not cook our burgers to order but I am sad to hear you found the food you ordered bland. Forty five minutes is certainly too long to be left waiting for your food so I will be addressing this and the food quality you described with the team of Chefs.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Kind Regards

Green Man Managementb

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Booked a family meal here Sunday evening. Food was lovely but the service was really poor. The staff were walking around looking miserable and unwelcoming.

Hi Gemma

I will pass onto the Chefs your kind comments on their excellent food. I am dismayed to hear of the impression you got of the staff and will also highlight your comments to them so this does not happen again.

Warm Regards

Green Man Management

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My son booked us lunch at the Green Man as we have been before and always had good service and food. I am sorry to say that this was not the case yesterday the service was the word I have had in a long time and the food was very disappointing. We waited over 20 mins for just our drinks order to be taken and then waited again for the food order to be taken and had to remind the waitress that we still had not received our drinks. My son and I had the burger which was dry due to being over cooked and my sons girlfriend had pizza where the tomato base that she had asked for had not been done. My husband went to the gents only to find the place flooded. Overall very disappointed that a place we had visited so many times before and had looked forward to returning to had turned into somewhere I would not recommend or wish to visit again.

Dear Harry

Thanks for taking the time to give us some detailed feedback on your recent visit. I will pass on your comments on the burger and pizza to My Head Chef. I can only apologize for this and the fact that you were left waiting for drinks, we were a couple of members of staff down last weekend but this is by no means an excuse and should have been communicated better to you. We had a problem with the Gents toilets last weekend which has now been repaired. I hope you will give us another chance so we can get back to giving you the good service and food you enjoyed previously.

Yours sincerely