“Nice place but over-priced”
Review of Bill's

Bill's
Ranked #108 of 731 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely venue and staff were pleasant enough. However, in my view the food was average, expensive and portion size was small. Deserts are ridiculously over-priced at around £6 for a small serving. Drinks are also costly, so I won't be rushing back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

First the positives - I love the look and feel of the restaurant. The front of house lady was pleasant. However, no matter how much I want to like the restaurant, it offers poor service and poor quality of food.

The waiter service is unfriendly and disinterested - our waiters looked miserable or put food down without saying anything or even looking at you. No matter how much I tried to engage, they didn’t seem to want to crack a smile!

The food (we had 2 steak and chips and 1 veggie mezze) was tasteless, slightly ‘off’ tasting or burnt - my falafel resembled lumps of charcoal!

The final insult - they automatically add service charge to your bill (not just large groups - we were a table of 3!). This is supposed to be optional (according to the bill) - so Bill’s, please ask the customer if they want to add it on, don’t just tap it into your card machine without a word!! Needless to say I asked for it to be removed!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

We booked Brunch for 12 people but Bills had lost the booking. They found us a table after a few minutes wait. The food and the staff were pleasant but very disorganised.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Decided to book and enjoy a cracking breakfast, seated straight away, enjoyed speedy service delivering breakfast baps with good coffee to measure, all very reasonably priced in a comfortable setting full of families, students & folks about to hit the shops. Cumberland Sausage & egg, perfect set up before hostile shopping.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

We went as a group of nine for a family birthday celebration. I like the atmosphere at bills and they have a good selection of simple yet delicious food. The cocktails are great too. It seems very popular at the moment though, and might be a little noisy for some - it was full of young uns. Perhaps it is the place to be seen.