“Great, but also too hyped up”
Review of Bill's

Bill's
Ranked #106 of 742 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2018

- Lovely brunch and large portion, but a little overpriced. Would say that the mains are even more overpriced.
- Lots of effort put into the decor, though you are surrounded by adverts for Bill's own brand products.
- Extremely busy at brunch & lunchtimes - you're lucky to get a table, and if you do be prepared to wait a long time for your food.

Would recommend for a family lunch; nice food but not impressive by any means.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,540)

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

This place is clearly extremely popular and we packed on a weekday lunchtime. However I wasn’t sufficiently impressed to be joining the queue again any time soon.

To be fair, the food tastes good, well presented, tasty and with fresh ingredients.
I found the menu reflective of the fact this is a chain restaurant, i.e lacklustre. I had the Lamb burger which turned out to be perfectly cooked and tasted very good.

Waiting staff seemed hassled and rather depressed. They seemed to be trying but still made mistakes. I suspect they were understaffed, which may be why our orders took a very long time to arrive.
Personally I am not a fan of the decor and found it dingy and I suspect rather dusty environment.
Bathroom was not clean and had missing loo seat. Definitely the impression of management cutting corners.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Really busy place and do many tables. I guess this reflects the quality of the place.

Lovely breakfast and a nice atmosphere. Despite how busy it was we didn’t feel rushed.

Be prepared to queue for a table though... it’s popular !

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely venue and staff were pleasant enough. However, in my view the food was average, expensive and portion size was small. Deserts are ridiculously over-priced at around £6 for a small serving. Drinks are also costly, so I won't be rushing back!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

First the positives - I love the look and feel of the restaurant. The front of house lady was pleasant. However, no matter how much I want to like the restaurant, it offers poor service and poor quality of food.

The waiter service is unfriendly and disinterested - our waiters looked miserable or put food down without saying anything or even looking at you. No matter how much I tried to engage, they didn’t seem to want to crack a smile!

The food (we had 2 steak and chips and 1 veggie mezze) was tasteless, slightly ‘off’ tasting or burnt - my falafel resembled lumps of charcoal!

The final insult - they automatically add service charge to your bill (not just large groups - we were a table of 3!). This is supposed to be optional (according to the bill) - so Bill’s, please ask the customer if they want to add it on, don’t just tap it into your card machine without a word!! Needless to say I asked for it to be removed!