“Inedible food ”

The Bath House
Ranked #356 of 732 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited The Bath House for lunch as we couldn’t find anywhere open on a Sunday for breakfast!! The staff actually opened the kitchen early which we thought was really good service, however food was coming out very quickly, which made us doubt the how good it would be. When it arrived, my boyfriend said he wouldn’t feed the Sunday dinner to the dogs. The food was so dry as if it had been cooked a week ago. The vegetables were raw, Yorkshire pudding was burnt and small, gravy barely to be seen. Meanwhile I had a hunters chicken , which was a very small portion but atleast I could eat mine.
This was disappointing, a very simple menu that shouldn’t be too hard to maintain a good standard for.
The staff however were friendly and polite, maybe just visit if you fancy a pint!

sheree t, General Manager at The Bath House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi
Thank you for taking time to leave a review ,I apologise that you didn't enjoy .your visit.
if you had said something at check back stage or still at the bath house ,I would of been more than happy to change your meal,
this is why we do check backs
Once again I do apologise .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My brother was over for a holiday and we went to visit Cambridge. Unacquainted with the city myself, we walked around looking for a place to eat a good lunch. We both fancied the pies on the menu and each had a different one. His was the beef and ale pie. It looked and tasted like a fine pie. Unfortunately however, the veg and mash were barely warm and the gravy not hot enough to heat them up either. We didn't want to make a fuss though.
I had ordered the Camembert and beetroot open pie. A lovely combination which tasted very good. The puff pastry could have been browned a bit though to add to the colours on the plate. I could not taste the horseradish in the sauce. The chips were fried to perfection and the salad was fine.
The food arrived so quickly that we were wondering if it had merely been warmed up rather than freshly baked - just a thought. I would not have been able to bake a pie in 15 minutes...
The pub was filling up slowly for a Sunday lunchtime.
We would probably go back there if we couldn't get in elsewhere.

Hi
Thank you taking the time to leave a review , im sorry that your food wasn't hot enough if you had said at check back stage I would of been more than happy to get you fresh .
Im glad you enjoyed your beetroot pie though

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We called in for a couple of pints after a full day of doing the tourist thing around Cambridge.
Nice range of drinks & a nice atmosphere for chilling out after a long day.

sheree t, General Manager at The Bath House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your lovely review ,so glad you had a nice time .
hope to see you again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was okay, quick service, fast food , chips only just warm, staff excellent maybe next time will just have a drink

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review
sorry that the food wasn't up to great standard , I do apologise
glad to see the team where great though .

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Great place to meet friends etc, good selection of drinks and a good selection of food available at competitive prices, central to Cambridge.

sheree t, Manager at The Bath House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hi Thank you for your lovely review ,hope to see you again soon