“One fine burger and a great ale”
Review of Butch Annies

Butch Annies
Ranked #68 of 733 Restaurants in Cambridge
Description: BEEF Such is our passion, we use prime cuts of sirloin, fillet and ribeye from the finest pedigree, traditionally reared herds, which is dry-aged for 28 days to allow the rich flavours to develop. IBERICO The world-renowned Iberian black pigs provide for our special Iberico burgers and baby back ribs. These protected, pure breed animals freely roam the vast Dehesa plains of Extremadura, Spain, feeding on a natural diet including acorns, which give the meat a deliciously rich, nutty flavour. BEER We pay no less attention to our craft beers, serving a select range of small-scale lagers and ales. We'll generally cover all bases with eight on tap at all times - ranging from crisp pilsners, hoppy pale ales and fruity tongue-tingling IPA's to modern silky browns and funky stouts. Wash down your choice of burger or ribs with a delicious craft beer, farm-pressed cider, natural wine or bourbon in vibrant surroundings, and you start to get the picture.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Not usually a big fun of burgers but this place is fantastic. A great ambience in a basement restaurant with a good selection of burgers and sides. The menu is uncomplicated and I thought this demonstrated the confidence the restaurant has in its products. I had a topsy turvy which was actually a pork offering which was succulent and generous. With the Za'tar fries and onion popcorn...wow. I was equally impressed with a fine ale selection. The prices were very reasonable bearing in mind the central city location and quality of the ingredients.Dont write this off as another burger restaurant...it is so much more than that. Great work guys..i will be back. Also a firm favourite with my Son

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in with a couple of visiting mates. I first thought something was wrong when we walked in and I felt as if my ear drums were about to explode due to the obnoxiously loud music. After we were quickly ushered into a seat and had enough time to soak in the public toilet decor and atmosphere, we were told there was no chips with any burger and the waitress promptly went to the bar, 4ft away from us, to have a chat with the staff and check her phone without asking us whether we wanted a drink. After 10 minutes we gave up and decided we didn't want to spend £10 on a basic meat and bread combo and sit in such a soulless abyss of millennial fadishness. I will not be revisiting or recommending.

3  Thank Daveydavison
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went with a friend following a recommendation. Menu was good, atmosphere was good and we were seated quickly.

Ordered 2 burgers, 2 chips and 2 drinks. The food arrived and unfortunately one burger and both chips were cold. We told the waitress who apologised and took the one burger and two chips away.

I finished my hot burger before my friend's new burger arrived. Then his replacement arrived and it was cold again.

He ate it because we were hungry and in a hurry but still no sign of either chips so we got up and told the waitress not to bother.

The waitresses didn't seem to care and upheld a surprised look on their faces.

Poor show for 2 customers who ordered 40 quids worth of food. Needless to say we didn't pay for it all, and we won't ne going back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went here a couple of weeks ago one lunchtime with my daughter and grand-kids whilst on a shopping trip. Although the service was a bit slow, the kids were kept occupied by colouring sheets and what seemed liked the owner, even put their finished pictures on the wall! The food was ok but the service made the visit even better and would return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a long wait before being seated, the tables were still full even after 9 pm. The burgers were good but the service was slow, may be cause it was around closing time and the waitresses were really tired? Still can’t understand why they kept our burgers waiting for that long time and let them get really cold until served. I would have given 5 stars if the burgers were warmer. Overall the place is nice, they have a variety of nice American beers, I had $umo and liked it very much.

1  Thank Gizem U