“Great food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was the best Thai green curry I’ve ever had!! Staff were very attentive and friendly and was Also not expensive. Highly recommend

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,781)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent service, had the set meal emperor, and was not disappointed the sashimi was excellent. The tepanyaki grill chef was entertaining, and our food was just soo tasty. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

Lovely restaurant, fabulous food, service and entertaining chef. Would highly recommend. We choose a sushi platter and it was fantastic.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 4 August 2021 via mobile

We visited as we love teppanyaki and were looking for a restaurant in Chester. We went early evening and had the set menu. It was amazing. Great service too. 100% recommended

Reviewed 27 July 2021

The Siam Thai in Chester was my only go to for a well priced meal in really nice surroundings from 2007. Unfortunately, the spark has left for me. I guess the Covid Menace has reared it's ugly head again!! It was our wedding anniversary and thought we would come back to the Siam Thai for dinner. Upon arrival we didn't have a booking and we usually don't as it was just after 5pm then got asked to pass over our phone number (which I don't agree with). Then we went upstairs to what looked like an unmanned/unprepared room and told to wait to be seated. The tables were bare and had none of the usual flowers to adorn it. The starters were OK and I had a chicken Massaman which was bland, full of overcooked potato and raw onion. We used to be able to go and have their early bird menu where you could have a starter and main course for £14.95 per person for dinner now you have a paper menu and the price of one curry (without rice) is about the price of the set menu once offered. I asked the masked waitress why they had taken it away and if it was coming back, and was told it may sometime (I don't think they will)?? Anyway, we went to pay and there was a "surcharge" added to the bill on top of it being overpriced for what we received. I don't like surcharges being added to a bill, it creates a bit of emotional blackmail and you are there in front of the waitstaff who served you looking pitifully at the customer almost begging for it to be paid. I prefer to pay what I feel like the service is worth, and not to held to ransom at the end of the meal! My husband paid the bill and didn't question the extra charge, but I wouldn't have if I was to have paid for the transaction.
Overall a very disappointing experience and the very reason I avoid going out to restaurants these days, and I know I can do a better job in my own kitchen for a fraction of financial output.

Date of visit: July 2021