“Brilliant night ... make sure you book !!”
Review of La Fattoria

La Fattoria
Ranked #17 of 580 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great meal over the Easter weekend . The buzz and atmosphere is excellent. I literally could not believe the queue outside of people waiting for a table ! With that said the service was great, you were never rushed and given the standard of the food ... especially the mussels, extremely good value for money . Had a great meal and would most definitely would return. Great place for all the family and all ages

Write a ReviewReviews (1,948)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this Italian restaurant on recommendations from our hotel. The food was fantastic and there was lots of choices. The staff were very friendly and there was a vibrant Italian atmosphere. We enjoyed our evening so much that we returned again the following night.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Just came back from La Fattoria and I really wanted to review the food.

The food was lovely ! I had a seafood salad and spaghetti with clams. I love seafood and La Fattoria definitely lives up to my expectation. The seafood salad was really fresh. All the seafood in the dish tasted great. There was no bad smell of mussles and clams. Spaghetti with clams tasted great as well. The portion was very generous !

The place is lovely. Staffs were very nice. We came around 5.30 today (Saturday)and were still able to find a table however reservation is strongly encouraged. It’s easy to see why. I would definitely go back there again !

1  Thank KITIDA C
Reviewed 28 March 2018

This restaurant deserves to be number 1 in Chester! We went last night - a Tuesday at 7pm, luckily we had a reservation as they were already turning people away!
Very authentic Italian, you almost feel like you are in Italy, it very noisy and family friendly just how it would be in Italy. Vast menu with almost too much choice, everything we had was great, with friendly prompt service. Why have I only been here twice in 6 years!? I will be coming back again much sooner but making sure that I book well in advance.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We passed La Fattoria many times whilst staying at The Townhouse a few doors down and each time we couldn't help but stare in as the place was always packed out and everyone digging in to what looked like incredible meals so we popped in ourselves on evening of Wed 21st March. After reading reviews on here we had convinced ourselves we would never be seated without a reservation but gave it a bash anyway and a dark haired girl with glasses immediately escorted us to a table up the back, brilliant, we were in!
Drinks were quickly ordered and served (white wine and a Peroni - Peroni in original, authentic bottling - great feature!). Service was immaculate, the menu is extensive so when I was struggling to decide what I wanted the waiter said he wouldn't allow me to rush my decision so he would be back again in 5 minutes to see how i was getting on (this is great considering almost every table in this restaurant was taken, we weren't made to feel rushed so we were done, paid and table on to someone else).
Starters: Parma ham and mozzarella, served with cherry tomatoes & rocket, perfectly seasoned, minestrone soup also seasoned to perfection and delicious.
Mains: Calzone -a classic and my partner scoffed within what felt like minutes so that was a 10/10, Lobster & crab ravioli with mushroom, tomato and prawn sauce was out of this world, again with the addition of table side black pepper and parmesan the meal was simply perfect, possibly the best pasta dish i have ever had. Need to mention portion size too as i was hesitant ordering a pasta dish as always feel its too much but this was spot on, i actually wanted more!!
Dessert: Banoffee pie & Rasp cheesecake - again just absolutely delicious, no tiny little squirt of coulis, this stuff was lathered on and no exaggeration, have never tasted puddings like that before!
The decor in the restaurant is just fab, you feel like you're really dining in Italy, so authentic. It is v loud but not in a negative way, its extremely refreshing to be somewhere where it is evident everyone is enjoying themselves. At one point the lights even dimmed, disco lights came on and trays were being used as drums whilst 'Congratulations' was being played to a table. Great fun! When leaving one off the staff followed us to the door to open it for us and say thank you which i love,,really love and appreciate small touches like that,
Everything was 12/10 for us and even on the drive home the following day we were still thinking about how incredible the food was! Prices were affordable and not over priced, unbelievable value for money. Quite possibly the best meal we have ever had, if only we were locals!
Thank you to the staff for making us feel welcome and for an incredible dining experience.