US$249
Bawn Lodge(Chester)
US$105
US$169
US$108
Alexandra Lodge Guest House(Chester)(Great Value!)
US$89
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 June 2015

I stayed in The Barlows for 2 nights recently. Booking was easy, communication excellent. I know Chester so didn't need many directions. It is a 15min stroll from the station even with my suitcase it was a lovely walk. The key was in the key safe as described. It was a spacious apartment, very quaint with original fireplaces and windows. Very clean. Beds made up, clean fresh linen, fluffy towels - sufficiently big despite someones earlier comment. Everything worked in the kitchen. Fast easy to log into wifi that worked all the time we were there. We self catered for breakfast. There is a Marks and Spencer just round the corner, a Sainsbury's and a Tesco express. We ate at Siam, local Thai restaurant. (which was excellent.) Despite overlooking Bridge street the bedrooms are to the side of the building so we had no trouble sleeping. I felt very safe there and will not hesitate to use them again when visiting alone.

Room Tip: The Barlows was spacious and well laid out. No noises could be heard from bedrooms! Both bedrooms are located to the side of the building which meant it was quieter at night.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2014

The apartment is in a great location - we could even keep dropping off our shopping as we got more & more burdened. It was really nicely equipped and the milk & tea bags already there were a god send. Easy walk to Tesco metro for a bottle of wine (or 5!) and some bacon & rolls for breakfast.
We stayed in Barlows at the top of the block, more steps, but really nice once inside.
Great communications with Roslyn, the owner, by phone & email.

Room Tip: Both rooms are doubles with really comfy beds so if sharing with one of your sisters - pick the sister that doesn't snore!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Both are nice and very central and the service is excellent but the Loft is nicer than the Cottage as the cottage feels a little cramped by comparison. Entrance is down a quiet side street off the main shopping area so brilliant for a real city break. Would definitely use again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SimonPainter123
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My 6 year old son and I stayed here for 10 days. We stayed in The Loft. Everything was perfect. I really loved everything about my stay here; it was a home away from home. Roslyn the owner was so helpful and always quick to respond to any requests. I would really love to stay here again. I would highly recommend this accommodation.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the apartment called the loft!! Brilliant location right in the centre of Chester and 2 mins walk to the races you are right near all the shops!! Everything was very modern and clean! Would definelty recommend and stay again! Also there is a slight problem because there is no parking outside however near the race course there is a huge carpark which does £5 per day which was great.Thank you :) xx

• Stayed: July 2014