3,124 results
All reviews simon radley restaurant la brasserie arkle bar michelin star restaurant turn down service thermal suite continental breakfast afternoon tea deluxe room mini bar beautiful hotel table service luxury hotel tasting menu special occasion on arrival car park
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

From arrival to departure, this was a real treat. As a surprise for my birthday my Wife booked the indulgent afternoon tea package.
It was meant to be in the arkle Bar but that is currently being used the main restaurant due to refurbishment. We were instead seated in a decadent upstairs suite. Service was knowledgable, efficient and very polite.
Champagne and a strawberries/clotted cream combination whet the appetite for what was to follow.
Beautifully fresh and varied sandwiches, hand made and perfectly formed cakes, with unlimited tea and coffee of your choice.
At £90 for two it wasn’t cheap but it isn’t something you do everyday so why not treat ourselves? We were offered more sandwiches which we couldn’t fit in so the capacity to really fill up is there.
Try this at least once - I the hotel interior and staff are from a bygone age...

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
TheChesterGrosvenor, Guest Relations Manager at The Chester Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Dear Dubya666,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review following your recent Afternoon Tea experience at The. Your words describing your afternoon are greatly received and we strive to offer service excellence so to know that we were able to meet with your expectations is so very rewarding.

Our sincere thanks for this wonderful praise and Jaime, our restaurant manager, is particularly proud that you enjoyed you Afternoon Tea experience so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back again, hopefully in the not so distant future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

The Grosvenor is perhaps the nicest hotel I've ever stayed! The hotel and the rooms are beautiful. What made the stay most special was the staff! They were so incredibly attentive to our every need. From walking us to our room upon arrival to arranging car service when ours didn't arrive (and bringing us coffee service while waiting), no attention to detail was spared. The location is fabulous- everything in Chester is within walking distance.

One couple was overheard while walking past the hotel, "next time we are staying at The Grosvenor." Don't be disappointed with your hotel - book the Grosvenor!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Dear mcstarks,

It is with great pleasure that I read of your recent visit to us here at The Chester Grosvenor, I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and to read that we are the nicest hotel you have ever stayed in is such a wonderful compliment! Thank you, and please rest assured I have shared your review with the entire team who are delighted you took away such a favourable impression and fond memories.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to The Chester Grosvenor in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We recently spent a couple of nights at the Grosvenor and were very impressed with the Staff and our Executive Room.

The bed was huge, it’s was described as king sized but was probably emperor sized. Fresh milk in the room mini bar was a nice touch to go with the complimentary tea and coffee.

The hotel is perfectly located to explore the centre of Chester with a great selection of restaurants nearby.

If you arrive by car make sure you turn into the Grosvenor Shopping Centre car park rather than the one on the opposite side of the road (at the rear of the hotel).

Our only slight disappointment was the breakfast. The choice is split between Continental & Full English with various hot breakfast options. We had several items from the Continental selection. The Muesli we ordered had been salted for some unknown reason. The Kitchen Staff tasted it and agreed it was not right. There were no cold meats or cheese options on the menu which reduced the continental breakfast to either porridge or fresh fruit.

The resturant was undergoing refurbishment in January 2018 and was closed during our visit. We hope to return to sample their full menus one day.

Overall this is a great hotel.

Dear Hughds,

Thank you for your review, and whilst pleased that you have enjoyed your accommodation here I'm extremely sorry that your breakfast service did not meet expectations.

I am disappointed that we let ourselves down in some aspects of service and very much regret the inconvenience caused to you. I have personally spoken with the manager of La Brasserie today to highlight these issues and identify areas where her team can, and indeed should, improve.

I do hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Chester Grosvenor in the near future, and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We were bought this night as a Christmas present as I’ve always wanted to stay in this hotel. It didn’t disappoint. I absolutely loved our stay it was a beautiful hotel in a wonderful location. The staff couldn’t do enough to help and the room was gorgeous, massive bed and the bath was my partners favourite ever he said. we were served our breakfast in our room the breakfast was well presented and there was lots of it. Overall wonderful experience, could get used to the five star life!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
TheChesterGrosvenor, Guest Relations Manager at The Chester Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear clairethxx,

All the team are thrilled at such a lovely review, and delighted that we were able to play a part in making your night so truly memorable. Our sincere thanks for this wonderful praise and Magda, our Housekeeping manager, is particularly proud that you were so comfortable in your bedroom. Your kind words are a real compliment to us all.

Thank you for taking to the time to write your kind review, and a warm welcome always awaits you here at The Chester Grosvenor.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Well it is five stars and they live up to it . From the moment we checked in and where upgraded (which was a fantastic surprise ) to checking out the treatment and service was fantastic . The only slight moan is when I sat in the chair watching TV in our room I noticed a cotton bud on the floor under the desk . By the way it was not from us . It was still there when we left after two nights so the house keeping may not be up to the expected standard . I wonder if it’s still there . If any of the management team read these posts . Check under the desk in room 210 .

Any way it did not spoil two great days staying there .

Dear Carman531,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Chester Grosvenor, and I am delighted to read that the service you received from arrival to departure was to the highest level. We strive to deliver perfection to each and every guest and it is a pleasure to hear that our efforts have not gone unnoticed.

I am most disappointed to read of your comment with regards to the housekeeping issue. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this, and rest assured that this has been address with our Housekeeping manager with immediate effect.

I do hope this will not deter you from returning to The Chester Grosvenor, and I hope I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,