Holiday Inn Chester South
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,274 results
All reviewspark and ridebusiness parkswimming poolexecutive roombar areahealth clubsofa bedchanging roomsfamily roomreception staffbit datedwould stay againcity centrebar pricesevening mealleisure facilitiesminute drive
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I went to the hotel to meet a friend in the car park, who was staying there. I did not see the signage about charging... they must’ve been very discreet.
We went out to dinner in his car, so I had no reason to go into the hotel... and to reception where I believe I should’ve registered my car.
I’m now £60 light for 2 hrs parking. I’m offended that I’ve been charged for something I feel ill informed about.
Please make your signs more obvious!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
AnneMarieHICS, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear Sue D
We have Parking Eye installed at our hotel to ensure that we can provide adequate parking spaces for all our hotel patrons. There are signs throughout the car park and a very large sign in reception and on every table in our bar/lounge area.
As you have already paid the Parking Charge Notice if you would like to contact me directly I will do my utmost to resolve this for you.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

V friendly, good service. Rooms average. Swimming pool area could be a bit cleaner. Service was the highlight. Well done to the staff. Great discount for zoo tickets and good access to park and ride. Food good.

Room Tip: Nowhere to put clothes - a drawer would be useful and more hooks in bathroom and back of door? Great hot power shower. Swimming pool changing area could be a bit cleaner. Staff very helpful and friendly at reception, breakfast and the bar.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear matildagranville
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and it was great to hear that on the whole your stay met your expectations.
We hope you enjoyed your visit to Chester Zoo and that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

After a long journey, we really enjoyed stretching out in the big, warm pool and then the jaccuzzi. The staff at reception, leisure club and the restaurant were incredibly welcoming and helpful. This hotel is much better than it looks from the outside (a bit motel-like), great facilities, decent food and refurbished comfy rooms with very smart showers.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Everything about this place delivers. Food in the restaurant was excellent as was the breakfast. We upgraded on arrival to the executive room, not sure it was worth the extra but being right at the end of the corridor it was quiet and overlooked lawns. Room was spotlessly clean bed comfortable and it was nice to be able to control the heating. Only downside was no draws for those things that should be in draws only hanging room and a couple of shelves under the TV in the unit. Super base for Chester, we used the park and ride just round the corner £2 pp return. All in all a very enjoyable stay.

Dear Paul P
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we were delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and I will be sharing your comments with our team.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Spent one night because we wanted to attend a music gig in Chester. Had a lovely welcome and staff were onhand to answer questions. Stevie was really helpful and made sure we had a quiet room away from doors and lifts. Thanks Stevie!!

Dear northwaleszen
Thank you for your great review and it was great to hear that you received excellent service from Stevie, I will ensure she is acknowledged for her efforts.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.